1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

48-52 "Bigfoot" tech data......

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 12:00 AM
P.Wee
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
48-52 "Bigfoot" tech data......

During Ford's 50th anniv. of the F-series, Bob Chandler and co. built a 1st gen "Effy" on a 4wd chassis. Have tried to contact Chandler and co. but to no avail. Actually, all I really need are specs on wheelbase and track width. Action Trucking is only 5 min from da house but Denny's never home so taking actual measurements is kinda tuff. Anyone besides me remember the aforementioned truck?? Better yet, anyone done this conversion themselves?? Am collecting parts for this endeavor and it would seem logical to use newer, more readily available chassis/drivetrain components. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-23-2004, 09:52 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
I fired off an email to Fordlover1951. He knows the Bigfoot truck stuff better than anyone else I know. You can find him in the High Plains Chapter.
Tim

Old 10-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Bigfoot has made plans and is selling a production Bigfoot F350, street driven truck. It can be seen at http://www.bigfoot4x4.com/news.html down near the bottom of the page. The BIGFOOT 4X4 SSX street trucks are a project involving BIGFOOT 4X4, Inc. and Potosi (Missouri) Ford. Customers can order a BIGFOOT 4X4 SSX from their local dealer. Potosi Ford does the up fit, then the unit is shipped to the dealer for final delivery to the happy new owner. Various configurations of F-150s, F-350s and Rangers are available. All will have Superlift suspension lifts, upgraded tire and wheel packages, BIGFOOT graphics packages, and other added features.

BIGFOOT has built a prototype 2004 F150 and a new Ranger with Superlift lift kits and BIGFOOT themes. The company is preparing to offer the lifted pickups through selected Ford dealers across the US. Discussions are underway with Ford to do “deco-and-accessories-only” versions that would be factory production vehicles. Dicus will be joining BIGFOOT this month to oversee the project.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P> </O:P>For more info on this NEW BIGFOOT SSX Truck e-mail Chris Dicus at promotions@bigfoot4x4.com.

As for the F1 that was built, I am still searching the BF site. If my poor memory serves me at all, I believe the truck was built for Chandler as an anniversary present. I only saw one picture of it and it didn't look like a 4x4, although I may be wrong. I'm sending a special request to Bigfoot staff this morning and hopefully they will come to this thread and give us a reply.

Old 10-23-2004, 04:08 PM
P.Wee
New User
Thumbs up KUDOs.......

I sure 'nuff appreciate all the help with this. Just got back from the dragstrip where I work P/T and saw that already folks had stepped up. Most excellent. This proj is gonna be off the beaten path; 6.9N/A w/ C-6, divorced case, if I can score 'em, a set of F-106 rockwells front and rear......just to drive over...I mean, around in. Thanx again for the help and hope to be able to return the fav.
Chris

Old 09-14-2005, 09:11 AM
baron_iv
New User
Bigfoot

I believe that the ford dealership has stopped selling those, but Chris is still building them. He's also building bigfoot #16 at this very moment (it's MASSIVE). I dropped my truck off this morning at his shop to have my supercharger installed. He has one truck in there that is probably the most awesome thing I've ever seen, it will be finished and can be seen at the Las Vegas show next year. To say it's huge would be an understatement. The bottom of the cab is eye-level to me, and I'm 6'1".
Anyway, if you need to contact Chris Dicus about the Bigfoot F-series, or Bigfoot Ranger, send me a private message and I'll tell you how to get in touch with him.
Have a great afternoon.
-baron_iv