1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Looking for a Cat Back and Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Pnutman
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a Cat Back and Cruise Control

High boys and squirrels. I have a 94 Mazda B4000 4x4 ext cab. Door sticker says 125 in wheel base. I am trying to find a Dynomax mandrel bent, aluminized system. I cant find one for a Mazda that year, but I can find them for Rangers. I am guessing they will fit, but want some more positive info first. Any information such as a source and part numbers would be appreciated. I am also looking for an aftermarket cruise control system. I drive this thing a hundred miles a day, and it gets tough to maintain speed and drink beer,,,I mean watch tv,,,no wait,,,drive stright.

Old 10-17-2004, 11:20 AM
Hank85713
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Cant help ya on the finding of the name brand stuff, but I would recommend you go to a local high performance indy garage and have them build you an exhaust system. I had one built from the Y pipe to tail pipe, 2.5 inch diam with high flow cat and magna flow muffler, ran about 400$. The guy did not have mandrel plumbing but he carefully made the bends and reduced the radius' keeping the pipe as straight as possible. This has made great changes to performance, economy as well as the sound it provides. This is also about the price of a catback system with a "name" attached.

As to the cruise I put an audio vox cruise on mine (autozone $100), placed the control under the light switch and it works well.

I also installed a free flow intake with everything but it was for the 95 and later truck, but it fit without any problems.

BTW 94 4.0, 5sp, SC, 155000 miles on it.

Old 10-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Pnutman
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hank; Thanks for the reply dude, but if I could afford 400 dollars for an exhaust system, I wouldn't be driving a 10 year old truck. What happens when a part goes south? Rusts, gets smashed on rocks, road damage? About a year and a half ago I got a cat back dynomax, with muffler, hangers and clamps for a little over a hundred to go on my S10 Blazer 4.3. Economy. I'm poor. Quality parts, sounded sweet, fit well, no leaks.