1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

What would this be worth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 11:20 AM
Randy_the_Hack
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would this be worth?

Hi all,
I have a 1954 F100 that was purchased as a parts truck. It has an intact cab, doors, rear fenders (not too good), tailgate, left front fender, rear end, transmission and clutch assembly. Don't know what's wrong with it, but the running gear is locked up - don't know if it's the rear end or the transmission. I think we've scavanged about everything we're gonna need off of it, and now my wife is really sick of it sitting in the driveway.

I don't have a clue what it's even worth. Anyone have any clues? Email me if you would like to discuss it - the truck is sitting in Georgetown, KY. Thanks.

Randy
randy_oneal@adelphia.net

Old 10-15-2004, 06:01 AM
e william
Elder User
Randy,

I sent you an email yesturday (Thursday)...dont know if it went thru. I'm in need of a couple of small parts from the trans and trans linkage (or entire trans) if you still have it. Drop me an email if you do and we'll get into any details then.
ED

Old 10-15-2004, 09:27 AM
Randy_the_Hack
New User
Ed,
I still have the truck and apparently don't have email priviledges yet as I haven't posted enough. Where are you located? You can call me at 502-868-0632 and we can talk.

Randy

Old 10-15-2004, 03:34 PM
e william
Elder User
Randy, I,m near Greenville, S.C.
I have the standard 3 speed with left side shifter location. What I was needing is the shaft and cam assy. for 1st\reverse and 2nd\3rd that the shifter rod brackets bolt to..along with the brackets and shift rods. I installed a floor shifter and in the process broke one of the threaded studs on the shaft for 1st\rev. at trans. These small parts would be great and ship cost would be small, but I dont know if you want to go thru the trouble of teardown. The other alternative is the whole trans...more ship cost but less work for you...Fed-x might be the cheapest.
Let me know if you have the 3 speed or 4 speed (would like a 4 speed too), and how much work you want to mess with and I can call you from there if things look good for both of us.
thanks, Ed

Old 10-16-2004, 08:03 AM
Randy_the_Hack
New User
Ed,
I'll take some digital pictures of the tranny today and post them somehow. I don't know anything about this thing at all; my Dad gave them to my son and this is the parts truck. The engine is out; that particular truck used to have a flathead v8 in it. If you take a look at these photos and are still interested, I'd just as soon ship the entire tranny to you rather than try to disassemble it. I'll let you know later today...

Randy

Old 10-16-2004, 02:26 PM
e william
Elder User
Randy, sounds great...I,ll look for the pictures. Shipping the whole trans if it works out would be fine. Pulling something like that apart can be a pain anyway. I cant list my email address out in the open on this site anymore because of all the "Ya-Hoos" out there that use their power for evil.

thanks for your trouble....Ed

Last edited by e william; 10-16-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Randy_the_Hack
New User
I have pictures!!!

All,
As I have received several email and phone calls, I have decided to post some photos. The photos are located at my home page - www.infoteam.net/~rcbeoneal/truck.htm. There are 10 thumbnails there - you can click the images to see a full size photo. Please note that the interior of the doors look far worse in the photos than they actually are - the doors are solid, just very rusty on the surface on the interior of the doors.

If you have any questions, feel free to call or email me. Until I get 15 posts, I can't respond via email, so if you want to call me, then we can talk. I'm interested in selling the entire truck, but will be willing to part out the truck for a reasonable price plus applicable shipping. Thanks!

Randy
502-868-0632