Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 F150 heater problems Continued

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 11:04 AM
msgjvh
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96 F150 heater problems Continued

I posted in the Cooling Ac forum but didn't get any replies.

I found the problem with the switching from floor to defrost. One of the arms on a vacuum motor was becoming dislodged from the plastic arm it operates. I bent it up to engage and it's working fine now. However, I am still having problems with the heat not getting hot. The AC works fine. I am centered on the cables that operate the door. The box feels like it gets hot but when I operate the thermostat switch it is not a smooth operation. It sticks and kicks back a bit at the high end of the red. I believe the problem could be the cables. They look easy enough to replace with one exception. The heater box end connects with what I belive is a small 10m screw on top. Do I remove that for it to release the cables? Of course then there is the adjusting mess to get it to work properly.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Old 10-10-2004, 11:20 AM
yellowjeep76
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you might try getting one of the cheap manuals from the auto parts stores. I don't konw if it would have that type of information but it might help. Otherwise, its going to be trial and error.