Sponsored by: DP Tuner

ladder bars

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 07:46 PM
kcubberely
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ladder bars

will installing ladder bars on the truck affect the way that it trailers or drives around town? i run a lift in the rear with four inch blocks and im concerned about spring wrap.

Old 10-05-2004, 10:01 PM
94xcabpsd
New User
Trailering and around town will be fine, actually you'll love it . Off road not to good, They won't give you the frame flex you need for off road.

Old 10-05-2004, 10:15 PM
barebackjake
Postmaster
if you still need the off road flex use hiem joints in your ends, the only problem is they wear out then get clunky. best ones are made by currie enterprizes they call them jonnie joints its a polyurethane cushoined hiem joint. terraflex also makes a simalar joint also, the ladder bars are great for the heavy loads eliminates the axle wrap

curries website is http: // www . currieenterprises . com /

Old 10-05-2004, 10:49 PM
02superstroker
Posting Guru
i made myself some and loved them.. there are some pictures in my gallery. I took them off however because i started making some new ones with a design I like more, and have found that without theem the back end bounces a lot more. Going over speed bumps and such i noticed with the bars that it doesn't shake as bad after you go over it.

My first set I used QA1 heim joints on both ends. I liked this setup, and if you go with the high quality joints they are not going to wear out fast at all. The pricey QA1 joints are used in 4 link setups, and ladder bars don't even compare to links for pressure on the joints. A good place I found to get the heims from is poison spyder customs out of colorado. very nice smart people. My new bars that I am making will be using the heim joints in the rear, but rubber bushings in the front. The bushings will help to eliminate a lot of thumps or vibrations. The heims will carry all vibrations and such straight up into your frame. Make sure you use high quality grade 8 stuff, you don't want to lose a bar going down the highway!

I am going to try to finish my new ones up this weekend, if I do i will post some pictures.

good luck.