Hello from South Africa!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 03:53 PM
dimitrisa
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from South Africa!!

I have a 1942 Ford Pick Up, over the years I have lost some trimmings,if anyone knows where I could get replacement parts from I would appreciated it
thanks
Dimitri

Old 10-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hello dimitrisa and welcome to FTE! Have you scanned all of our forums yet? There are numerous forums with a ton of information that can help you along the way.

Please take a few minutes to read the Forum Guidelines and the READ FIRST notes. They'll help out a lot!

Old 10-05-2004, 03:55 AM
bootie
Senior User
hello from new zealand - welcome - theres heaps of places sell replacement trim pieces - have a read through some of the posts - just hope you don't strike similar problems as i do with the price of items being doubled due to freight costs
welcome again

Old 10-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Welcome to FTE Dimitri -

What size truck do you have, 1 ton?, and what kind of trim parts are you looking for. Some of the parts are next to impossible to get like the center hood piece unless you can find it at a swap meet. Other pieces are available remanufactured. Let us know what you're looking for and maybe someone can help.

Don't know if you're aware of it or not, but there is now an International Chapter for you guys not in the US or Canada. Here's a link.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/f...play.php?f=141

Old 10-05-2004, 07:11 PM
46fordtruck
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Trim pieces currently being reproduced are the 15 grille bars (though lots are of fair quality), the center strip on top of the hood (in stainless steel, orig was plain steel). The die cast pieces on the hood are not reproduced, although they can be found on eBay usually. The hood side strips are also not currently being reproduced, and these are the toughest of all the pieces to find since many rusted away.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:06 AM
dimitrisa
New User
Thanks for your help

dimitri