2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leveling Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 09:25 AM
hunkster
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Leveling Question

Forum newbie here..Hello Everyone!
I was wonndering if anyone who has installed a leveling kit has noticed any negative effects? Specifically any growling or rumbling, especially in 4wd, that might indicate too much angle on the CV joints.
I cranked the torsion bars on my '01, and noticed this same effect when I put it in 4wd and accelerated. I'm not sure if thats what caused it though. New truck is so smooth that I have too look at the dash light (too small) in order to tell if it's in 4wd!
Also- These shift on the fly 4wd system have me confused. I assume that the front driveshaft doesn't turn in 2wd, but how about the half-shafts (axels)? Do they turn all the time, or only in 4wd? If they only turn in 2wd, I wouldn't have a problem with the front lift because of the small amount of time I use 4wd.
Great forum! I'm getting Vortex liner today and will let you know what I think about it later.

Old 10-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Hockey24
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed Daystar on my 05 FX4 last weekend and no noise so far. When I put in it 4WD I will pay attention. The guy that did my alignment said everything was still within acceptable ranges. Some things were close but still acceptable. As far as what is spinning under the truck in 2WD I have no idea. Next time I am driving with the wife I will have her crawl under there and look. Would that be too much to ask of her?