General Automotive Discussion

Something to remember to check

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Aztrainer
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Something to remember to check

While doing a little preventive work on my truck today I did all that was needed and then I got a nagging feeling that I missed something. I go and check the spare to find that there was only 17 psi in it.

I know that we have all heard about this before, but check all tires so that the fifth one does not leave you stranded.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:07 PM
defibvt
Freshman User
Funny, I was just thinking about this. I usually flip my spare around so the valve stem is facing down and at the rear of the truck so it is easier to check. I have done this for years in all my trucks and even in my offroading vehicles and never had a problem with this type of set up

Old 09-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Aztrainer
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by defibvt
Funny, I was just thinking about this. I usually flip my spare around so the valve stem is facing down and at the rear of the truck so it is easier to check. I have done this for years in all my trucks and even in my offroading vehicles and never had a problem with this type of set up

Yes, I do the same thing, but I always seem to forget or miss checking it and the lsat thing I want is to have a flat with my spare.

Old 09-22-2004, 04:01 PM
mwtmwt
Senior User
I was piddling around last weekend and looked in the trunk of the car I bought for my 17 year old daughter four months ago. I looked at the spare and it had a hole in the sidewall and there was no jack. I can't believe I let that one slip

Mike