Bronco II Ford Bronco II

Need New Rubber

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 09:12 AM
esskipwo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need New Rubber

Does anyone know where I could get replacement rubber seals for the back side windows for my 86 Bronco II? Also, I am having a problem with it flooding (black smoke) on a regular basis. It does this at any speed and at idle. It will always smooth out but it aggravates me. I have replaced the Oxy. sensor, the throttle pos. switch, the MAP sensor, the fuel pressure regulator, egr and removed and cleaned the throttle body and the egr port. I read earlier posts about the same trouble, but hope someone has a fail safe techniqe that I can try. I have had it to three different shops for diagnostics with no luck.

Old 12-21-2002, 03:02 PM
BKSasquatch
Junior User
Need New Rubber

Repeat post about the windows seals...
If the rear window seals are anything like the windshield trim pieces, you'll have to go to the dealer or get fortunate and find a junk yard with them used. My guess though on the used part, is that by the time you find them, pull the parts and reinstall on yours... they wont be much good. If touch up is what you are after I would try black (sponge top bottle) shoe polish. I did that on mine and it still looks good after 10-11 months...

Brian
90 BII EB
brian31@xmission.com

Old 12-21-2002, 04:44 PM
bumpin_BII
Senior User
Need New Rubber