2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stull "Beefy" Grill Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 11:43 PM
GLankford
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Stull "Beefy" Grill Sucks

I've been waiting for Stull's "Beefy" grill for the '04's to come out for 3 months and I am extremely disapointed. The fitment is terrible! It fits along the driver's side of the outer grill, but there's at least a 1/2" gap on passenger side. And there's at least a 1" gap along the top that kills the looks of the thing. The two outside mounting tabs on the bottom didn't line up worth a damn- I had drill one of the bottom holes at about a 30 degree angle to get it to work and the top tabs that the hood bolts go through we so improperly aligned, they probably would have cracked the plastic if I hadn't bent them into a better position before completely tightening the thing down. Additionally, the grill was beat up by the time I got it. I had to bend several of the ribs into something close to straight (even though none of them appear to be welded straight to begin with). The packaging used to ship the thing in is not nearly protective enough. The bumper insert was bent as well and I had to bend one of the ribs to an extreme to get the bolt into its hole from the front. To add insult to injury, the instructions were for the bar style grill- not the honeycomb type that I had- so I had to guess how to make it work which added considerable time to the install and after having done it, I probably would have done it differently if had known. Needless to say, I'd look elsewhere for a grill because I've seen several that look good and obviously fit. Just thought you might want to know.

Old 09-19-2004, 12:45 AM
greenroses
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. Next time you order something and it shows up looking like crap & it fits like crap, send it back. You were so excited to get this new thing on that you tried to force it to work, and now your dissapointed. A little patience would have resulted in a happier you a month from now.