Brakes on '92 f-150

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 04:29 PM
h-m
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes on '92 f-150

Hi all,
just found my front brakes gone on the left front side. I just put Napa Rotor and pads on my front end in June of 2003. now the left side is gone totally, ate right through the rotor again, same as last time. the Right side looks good yet. I am real careful when i put brakes together. I need some ideas to what might have caused this. How can i tell if my hoses are deterioating internally? everything else looks ok. Don't know what could have caused this.
hope you guys can help me.
thanks
micheal

Old 09-16-2004, 05:39 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Did you notice the truck pulling to one side or the other while it was braking?
It sounds like something was not allowing the calipers to back the pads off after you let off the brake. That will cause premature pad wear.

You're on the right track with the hoses. There's no way to identify internal collapsing. Hoses are cheap; replace if in doubt. Also new calipers wouldn't be a bad idea. Just make sure you stick to quality parts. Buying junk brake parts is asking for trouble.

Also, make sure the slides are well lubed and don't have any notches worn in them. Mine was just about worn in half when I replaced the front brakes on my truck.