Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Co2 over the intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Loganwildman
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Co2 over the intercooler

Someone was telling me the other day that one way diesel drag racers are keeping their turbos from melting is by rigging up a fogger that sprays CO2 in front of the intercoler. Has anyone heard of this technique? is there any benefits?

Old 09-10-2004, 02:23 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Loganwildman
Someone was telling me the other day that one way diesel drag racers are keeping their turbos from melting is by rigging up a fogger that sprays CO2 in front of the intercoler. Has anyone heard of this technique? is there any benefits?
I don't know if it will drop EGT's or not; but it should make some power...

Check my gallery; I have a frame that I have been fabricating for a sprayer unit, but I haven't had time to get it finished yet. I have a bottle and sprayer frame unit so far. It is in the bottom of my water/methanol injection kit gallery pictures.

Old 09-11-2004, 06:57 AM
psdpower
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are systems out there to spray water, CO2, and even nitrous on intercoolers, alot of the import guys run them when they start cranking up the boost because they can't physically fit a larger intercooler in there vehicle. I am putting together a water system now to see what effects it would have with the already fairly large intercooler on a PSD. I hope it can drop egts a few degrees and maybe make some power too. The reason they use CO2, and N2O is they are pretty cold when compressed, so spraying them across the face of the cooler, cools down the aluminum allowing it to pull more heat out of the intake charge.