Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Vent Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 05:03 PM
cwminard
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Vent Problem...

Hi all - On a cool evening, I put the vent on outside air and get warm/hot air in (even after driving for some time). I can turn on the A/C and it cools it down, but on hot days the A/C doesn't cool it down the way it used to. I'm thinking the vent is allowing in hot air and it's also affecting the A/C output. The biggest problem is the vent is useless on a nice day, can't get any outside cool air and must turn on the A/C or turn all vents to off.

Anyone experienced simular? Anyone have any suggestions on where to start searching to find the problem?

Thanks

Old 09-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Fire Rooster
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When you turn the vent on the air still comes through the engine compartment so it will always be a little warmer then the outside air. On cold days the air will still be warmer but it moves fast enough that it doesn't heat up all the way.

As for the A/C, I would have the charge/freon checked sounds as if the freon is a little low. Which means they should evacuate the system do a leak check and recharge the system again. Hope this halps. BTW. winter is upon most places (not us in the desert) So if you can wait till next spring on the A/C take it in when they do the specials on A/C service it will cost you less. Just a helpful tip.

Fire Rooster

Old 09-08-2004, 07:09 PM
mr_fixit
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CW I have the same thing on my F350 2000. Always warm vent.