97 stock CD Changer problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 01:06 AM
muzzied
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 stock CD Changer problems

Hello--Well, I attempted to check back through the threads here in the audio and video section, but I couldn't find anything that worked for my problem. This problem has actually went on for quite sometime, but everyone I talked to had no idea, so I just blew it off. (bad owner, bad owner)
Anyway, this site is just filled with people who know there trucks--just an awesome site--so I thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone has had the same problem, or maybe just has an idea of what's wrong.
I have a 97 Ford Ranger XLT with the stock sound system. Works very well--radio, cassette and cds--- except for the fact that "at least" once a day either when I start my truck and turn the CDs on or I'm already listening to them and it goes to switch CDs --it will stop playing and display NO CD. It will stay like this until I either manually reach back and eject the cartrige and push it back in or I turn off the truck completely and re-start it. Sometimes restarting it takes a couple times for it to work. But when it comes back on, it's good for awhile--depending on how many times I stop and start the truck that day.
Also my cig. lighter won't keep a fuse--everytime I replace it(the fuse) as soon as I push the lighter in --the radio lights flash and the fuse for the lighter is blown again. But it doesn't effect the audio system.
Are these two problems connected or just seem like it? Can I fix this? Thanks for reading and the help.