Delear Parts Software

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 01:15 AM
rsmack
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delear Parts Software

Is the software that guy uses at the parts desk at the delear available on CD? I also have a BMW and have the ETK (electronic parts catalog) for it. It sure is helpful in finding and buying parts. Hope to get one for this ol' Ford.

Thanks,
Russell Mack

Old 08-29-2004, 09:34 PM
bobcatv8
Senior User
I throw away a 1980-current Ford, Lincoln-Mercury parts CD every month. As a L-M parts manager I am not allowed to sell or give the old CD away. It is dated and won't work after 2 months anyway but if you did not change the date on your computer it would work forever. As bad as Ford treats the dealers now, I certainly would not peeve them off by giving away their old software! Black helicopters {with blue ovals on them} would descend upon our dealership!

Old 08-29-2004, 10:58 PM
rsmack
Freshman User
Thats to bad. I use the BMW ETK to look up all sorts of parts and to see how things go together. It is nice to look up a part at home print it out then go and get the exact part you need rather than have the guy at the dealership spend time looking it up. I don't know if Ford has this but BMW has a "parts use" feature which tells you what cars also use the same part. It is great for buying parts off of ebay, I know it will fit before I buy it. It's a shame all car manufactures don't make this sort of software available to the consumer it would sell more parts and make it easier to keep our babies running.

If you ever change your mind about giving the software out you would be doing a service to all humanity. Well... at least the Ford Freaks.

Thanks,
Russell Mack