Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Modifications

Old 08-18-2004, 05:04 PM
DaveK88
Freshman User
DaveK88 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question about Modifications

Hi Guy's

After reading about all of the modifacations that can be done to our trucks, I was just thinking why couldn't the factory make a few changes or at very least make these modifacations an option. If you really think about it just how much extra would a 4 or 5 inch exhaust pipe cost? How much extra would an air intake be? Even the chip would not add that much to the price of the truck at the factory. I bet if the end users were polled, many would be willing to pay for these extras at the time of the order.

Old 08-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
Quadzilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Quadzilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I see your point, but the demands of different buyers would create a problem for the dealership, to a degree. The way I've got my truck set up is perfect for me, but might not be for you. What you like, might not be what I'd want. The dealerships would also like to stay away from factory installed power enhancers, too. If I bought my truck with the goodies I have now, and burned up the tranny, I'd have a warrantly claim. If I did these mods myself, then I'd likely be denied a claim against my warranty.
It would be nice, but I don't expect it to happen.

Old 08-18-2004, 08:02 PM
cookie88
Post Fiend
cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.
With Ford's current stance on power adders for the PSD, I doubt they are the least bit interested in offering factory upgrades. It's not like they are having any problems selling them as is.

Besides, Ford already has a factory hot rod pickup, and you wold have to spend a ton of money on a PSD to get it to run with a Lightning.

Old 08-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
Quadzilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Quadzilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
you wold have to spend a ton of money on a PSD to get it to run with a Lightning.
Not if they were both pulling a 10000 lb trailer!!

Old 08-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Fire Rooster
Posting Guru
Fire Rooster is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Not if they had to load some of the people we take to the hospital in the back of the PSD ambulances we have on the Dept.

Fire Rooster

Old 08-18-2004, 09:02 PM
RedTaurus94
Posting Guru
RedTaurus94 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It must be tough really to balance the public desire for more an more power, and to also make a serious effort to make vehicles that are lighter and stronger with better fuel economy than in previous years. Don't the CAFE numbers get more strict from year to year?

Old 08-18-2004, 09:04 PM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
johnsdiesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
If Ford offered a higher powered version of the PSD they'd have problems meeting the emissions requirements and their warranty work would go up quite a bit. I think they're glad to keep things the way they are so that anyone with a hopped up truck that has damage doesn't have to be covered under warranty.

Old 08-18-2004, 09:11 PM
79CEEJAY
Elder User
79CEEJAY is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can bet if Chevy or Dodge up their power/torque. Ford will be sure to follow. It is strange how the competition cranks their power up and Ford is right there to beat them, or even beat them to the punch. but just let a couple of friendly rivals crank up their own psd's Ford yells "voided warranty". I guess Dodge is at the top of the heap with the Cummins 600 now. I can't wait how Ford answers that one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.