Wisconsin Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

Anyone else tired of tourists?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 06:16 PM
mick460
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else tired of tourists?

I have had just about all I can handle with the summer vacationers shuffling off to the north. These idiots wait all year for warm weather then go north for the weekend/vacation. To escape the heat is one of the comments I've heard. Besides the pokes with their boats and campers, the "I'm on vacation and I've got all the time in the world" people really are snails in the left lane. Hope everyones summer is going great and still looking to get a group of us together somewhere centrally located this fall.

Old 08-07-2004, 10:33 PM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear you- the dells were UNREAL- and half of the people I couldn't even understand.

On the meeting we would be game to get together with some more from the group.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:55 AM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You ain't see nuthin'!

I live about 4 miles from Whistling Straights where the 2004 PGA Championship was held last week. There's only one road that all the traffic has to use or cross and it just happens to be the road I take to work & back. Traffic started at about 5:00 am and was steady until 7:00 pm. Guess they had several HUNDRED THOUSAND people here for the thing.

I had to take the freeway to/from work that whole week. It only added about 6 miles and 10 minutes to my trip, but I hated the fact that I had to change my route for a bunch of golf fans. Especially since I HATE golf.

Kevin K.