Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  

want more lift.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 12:26 PM
adamshee
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
want more lift.....

Have an 01 F350, had a 6-8in lift when I bought it, and i want to lift it a little more. It seems a little lower in the back, so I was thinking of 3in larger lift blocks in the rear and some 2in blocks in the front (front is all spring lift), with some longer U-bolts. Is this all I'd need to lift it or is there more stuff involved?

Old 07-31-2004, 02:26 PM
moose94
Posting Guru
That's probably it considering it's leaf-sprung upfront. I mean going bigger than 8" is pretty crazy but I guess it's up to you. What tires are you running? Please don't say 33s.....lol. Anyways if you can go for some spring packs because they are safer, but hey blocks work good too.

Old 08-01-2004, 05:29 PM
adamshee
Senior User
Nah, right now I have some 36in Pro-comp xterrain on weld wheels

Old 08-01-2004, 09:37 PM
cleatus12r
Butt-Head
Received 1,978 Likes on 1,109 Posts
You know, there are a couple trains of thought on blocks in the front. I personally don't have much of a problem with them as long as it's done 'right'(as right as front lift blocks could be ). I'll admit I wasn't exactly the brightest bulb on the tree when I put 3 inch CAST ALUMINUM blocks under the front of my 9K lb. pickup (see signature and gallery). But you know, I ran that thing for 15K miles like that...3K with the factory springs, and another 12K with a shackle reversal and I never had a problem with it. I just made sure that the u-bolts were always tight (kind of **** for safety) and that I didn't drive aggressively (corners and braking). I think that I'm going to run 1.5 inch tapered steel blocks in mine when I get some time to tear into it again. Then I'll weld them to the spring perches on the axle to make sure they don't wedge themselves out. Then I'll pull a few leaves out of the rear and add a 3.5 inch tapered block back there.

Cody