Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine

Kill switch w/ remote starter recommend?

Old 07-25-2004, 06:22 PM
YOMAN
Elder User
YOMAN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Kill switch w/ remote starter recommend?

I m looking for kill switch with remote starter? What kind of brand is good? Viper?
I believe i ll buying one from Jeff! FX4 superscrew!

Thanks!
YOMAN!

Old 07-25-2004, 06:43 PM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
HawaiianStyle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yo, Viper is a good choice and so is Clifford. I'm having the Cliff installed when she gets in with remote start, auto-page, and viewable control so I can see the area that has been tampered with. They are equally the same but I think the cliff offers a greater distance in paging.

Old 07-25-2004, 11:40 PM
asinatra
Senior User
asinatra is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by HawaiianStyle
Yo, Viper is a good choice and so is Clifford. I'm having the Cliff installed when she gets in with remote start, auto-page, and viewable control so I can see the area that has been tampered with. They are equally the same but I think the cliff offers a greater distance in paging.
clifford sucks when put next to compustar's 2wss-as, can you say 1.25 mile range?

Old 07-26-2004, 12:06 AM
CruelCrew
Senior User
CruelCrew is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
I have to agree with asinatra. The Compustar is way superior to the Viper or Clifford.

Old 07-26-2004, 02:19 PM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
HawaiianStyle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by asinatra
clifford sucks when put next to compustar's 2wss-as, can you say 1.25 mile range?
I'll agree with you there but when it comes down to cost$$$, there's a big margin. I searched the net about 2 months ago for the top of the line and yes, compustar was up there @ $700 bones ($380 Ebay) but with the basics. when you start to add in most of the features, the price goes up. also, the remote should not be attached to key ring, (this is what the 12volt forum advises) you have to wear it like a regular pager on your belt. any metal near the remote causes problems.
so yes, Compustar is great but at a price. is it worth installing into your car/truck? yes if your insurance is less then adequate for replacement of a stolen vehicle or property from it. what it comes down to is your own preference!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.