Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

What is it with Ford?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 10:39 PM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What is it with Ford?

My boss has an 02 L, he got a flat tire the other day. I tried to help him get the spare tire down but the lock was screwed up (I think the previous owner did something to it). There was a Ford dealer down the street, so I told him I'd put some air in his tire w/ my ARB air compressor off my truck, and he could just head down there (a mile at most) and they'd help him. Turns out that one of the techs was like sure I'll cut that key right off and get it for ya, 5 minutes. Then the manager came over and rudely said to get the truck out of here that they don't work on SVT's. My boss said yes he knew that and told him he just needed some help with the spare tire. The manager still told him no we won't touch it get it out of here. My boss asked why, it's an F-150 except for the suspension/engine, that he needed help with the spare tire, nothing major, its the same on that other F-150 sitting right there. Guy still wouldn't help my boss and they kicked him out.

Why is Ford so difficult about doing ANY work on an SVT if it's not an SVT dealer? I could see if it was work on the suspension/engine, but just the spare tire? Come on now, this is sorta rediculous. It makes it very difficult for him cause the nearest SVT dealer is about 45 minutes away.

Old 07-23-2004, 08:27 AM
Breeze
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly, customer service is about non-existent these days.... As I was leaving, I probably would have said something like "well, thats too bad, as I was on my way down here to look at a new Mustang/Taurus/F350/Etc when I had the flat, but since this seems to be your attitude towards potential customers, I will take my business elsewhere, oh and BTW, before I leave, I would like the dealerships owners name and contact info to let him know of the treatment I recieved here from you today" and then follow up with a letter to the owner saying the same thing.... I was on my way down to look at a new car there, etc

Old 07-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Alton Ray
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be nice to be able to think that quick on your feet.

Old 07-23-2004, 07:32 PM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yea I know...I always think of better things to say AFTER the event....I was just really surprised that Ford is that strict about it.