Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 01:30 AM
Dwarwick
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions

Hey guys,
You seem to be a very knowledgeable bunch and have helped me with many things! Much appreciated! So anyways.. I bought my 1992 explorer about 3 months ago and it has been well...an experience. The motor went out in it and I had some big decisions to make. The truck has a nice interior and wonderful paint so I decided to have a new engine installed. I have a new engine, fresh tranny fluid change, new u-joints, starter, alternator, fuel-interjectors gone through and resealed, new hoses and belts invested in this explorer. I want to make some performance mods to this vehicle without breaking the bank. i.e. I still have to pay for everything I had to have done to this vehicle. This suv has the 4.0 engine it by the way. I was wondering if a cherry bomb (glaspack) would help with horse power, just general stuff like that. How can I really squeeze every ounce of power out of this engine?
I also wanted to know about suspension. I am considering dropping the explorer about 1-2 inches and I was wondering if this is hard to do? If it is not, is there a guide that would help me in this process? I appreciate any response I get back on this post. Thanks for being here guys.

Old 05-08-2002, 11:30 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Questions

Any headers you can find, and running straight duals with a good muffler like a Flowmaster would be better than glasspacks. You may want to check into an open air filter kit also. I really don't know how far you want to go, or how much you want to spend.

Old 05-08-2002, 07:05 PM
fauxexplorer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions