2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coilspring ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Tburonhntr
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coilspring ?

I just installed my 6 inch Skyjacker suspension system a couple of days ago and it looks awsome and rides way better than I expected. Although it seems that the coilsprings in the front are making a very annoying squeaking noice when I go over a bump or when the spring compresses. I believe that it's caused by the spring rubbing on the rubber spacer on the top. I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything like this with their vehicle and what can be done to fix it? I would really appreciate any advice that some of you might have. I have already sprayed it with lithium grease but it is still doing it. And I was also wondering if its just something that needs to wear away after some time of usage.

Thanks,
TBURONHNTR

Old 07-10-2004, 12:34 PM
ANAP
Senior User
show some pictures!!!!

Old 07-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Tburonhntr
Junior User
SKyjacker 6 Inch Suspension System

The pics are in my gallery. Its a 6 inch Skyjacker Suspension System with the coilover platinum front shocks and replacement rear springs ( no blocks in the rear here)

Old 07-10-2004, 03:46 PM
Tburonhntr
Junior User
Fixed It!!!!!

My mechanic forgot to lube the lower shock bushing that attaches to the control arm. So I hooked the grease gun up to the zerk fitting and lubed that sucker. No no more noise. But the kit rides great. No real change to the ride from when I had my Daystar leveling kit on the truck. Just need to take it off road now to put it to the real test. And I am sure that it will work out just fine. Skyjacker makes a very good suspension system and it was well worth the wait all the way from December. I sure am glad I didn't go with a Procomp or Fabtech kit. The rear replacement springs sure do ride like a dream and they will only get better with time.