Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

95 explorer rear seat folding problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 08:03 AM
stonem77
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 explorer rear seat folding problems

Hello,

I have read on here about people having problems with the cables on the rear seat latches. I was having the same problem the cable wasnt broken though. After spending about two hours fighting with the seat i almost gave up till i got out a screwdriver and pried on the plastic thing the cable hooks into. Then i thought i really screwed up a spring came flying out and the little circle plastic disc with a D shaped hole along with it. I managed to get the disc back on minus the spring and turned the latch using a rag to avoid cutting my finger again. Once i had the seat folded forward i had acces to replace the spring and hook the cable back in the disc thingy (note the technical terminology) Afterwards the seat is operating perfectly.

After a couple hours of blood sweat and tears along with an array of curse words i got it working. I just hope that anyone with the same problem already has the seat down cause my finger is sore LOL.