1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rough idle at start-up and no throttle response...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Artistictouch
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow rough idle at start-up and no throttle response...

I have a problem with my 94-5.0 Bronco and have been the whole route changing everything the computer says is wrong from MAF to EGR valve and sensor, o2 sensor, IAC valve, TPS, pretty much everything emissions related and it still has the problem. I read my book and it points to the TV cable as a possible problem. It may need to be adjusted even though it is supposed to be automatic on EFI's it sometimes needs to be unlocked and adjusted. I will be doing this sometime this week, whenever time comes to me. My check engine light flashes code #12-uncontrolled idle "too high" My truck also has no throttle response on the highway which aids in backing the possibility that it is the TV cable "Throttle Valve mechanism" which is connected to the transmission and aids in signal to downshift and so forth. Post any thoughts, I would appreciate it.

Old 07-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Chrisvte
Junior User
Have you checked your timming chain?? Maybe it is bad. Check to see that you don't have too much deflection.

-Chris
V.T.E.

Old 07-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Artistictouch
Senior User
yeah! the timing chain is all good. It's a low mileage bronco, the engine looks as if new inside and out. The coil is one of the last things that may need to be replaced, but aside from that I am going towards that TV cable and then drain my TQ. Converter and tranny. You can tell by looking at the tv cable that something may be a little out of wack. It seems to have about .75" of play before the throttle grabs it.

Old 07-07-2004, 11:33 PM
redrumybronco
Senior User
did changing out the throttle cable work?

Last edited by redrumybronco; 07-07-2004 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Artistictouch
Senior User
I have not changed the throttle cable. If the tv cable adjustment does not work then I will do this.