1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless entry programing??

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 05:33 PM
ecajberry
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless entry programing??

Did the search thing and found the instructions, BUT........

Are those instructions the same for all fords?

I.E. on and off 8 times....blah blah blah???
If so, then why isnt my F-250 activating the locks when entering the program mode??

2003 F-250, auto, V-10, 4x2, crewcab shortbed.

Old 07-02-2004, 07:18 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
are you sure that A the battery is good in the controls. B that nothing is wrong with the controls. C after you turn the key off, and on 8 times did you hear the locks click once, if not it hasn't entered the program mode yet. then after it clicks you only have 10 sec to push a button on all the remotes you want to work with your truck, it doesn't matter which button you push but you have to push one on each remote they will handle upto 4 I believe.

Old 07-02-2004, 08:24 PM
BroncoX
New User
This is from the Ford workshop manual for the 2003 F-Super Duty.

NOTE: All remote transmitters must be programmed at the same time.

NOTE: Programming (or reprogramming) of the remote transmitters can be accomplished using a diagnostic tool or by carrying out the following steps:

1 The vehicle must be electronically unlocked before entering program mode using the remote transmitter, keyless entry keypad (if equipped) or door
lock control switch while the driver door is open.

2 Turn the key from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the eighth turn ending in RUN. If the module has successfully entered program mode, it will lock and then unlock all doors.

3 Within 20 seconds, press any button on a remote transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each remote transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each remote transmitter.

4 If the door locks do not respond for any remote transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. if the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Inspection and Verification in this section. (Make sure that no more than the maximum number of remote transmitters are attempted to be programmed.)

5 Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
-The key transitions to the OFF position.

-20 seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last
remote transmitter was programmed.

-The maximum number of remote transmitters have been programmed.

Old 07-03-2004, 03:58 AM
ecajberry
Junior User
First off let me say that I got 2 remotes when I bought the truck, but we onlythe other day tried the wifes set, and it doesnt work. Tried new battery, same results. Notice the little red light is no where near as bright as it is on mine, but dont know if that means much.

ANYWAY??!!??!

Tried last night to get into the program mode and nothing is happening, well the locks are not jumping like they did on the mustang or expedition. I tried 4x's 6x's 8x's 10x's with the run/off thing, to get to the program mode and nothing.
Im puzzeled now and could use some real help.
OR
Should I just take it to the dealer, have the computer reset and get 2 new remotes and let them program them???

Last edited by ecajberry; 07-03-2004 at 04:06 AM.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:05 AM
HomerWinzlow
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Notice the little red light is no where near as bright as it is on mine, but dont know if that means much.
If your remotes have a little red light they arent FORD remotes, thus not a FORD keyless entry system, thus they will not program using the FORD programming sequence. You must find the owners manual for your keyless entry and program following instructions.

Old 07-03-2004, 10:40 AM
ecajberry
Junior User
Say What??

Homer
Are you sayin this might be an after market setup?
Or perhaps just aftermarket remotes???

FYI.....bought the truck used, and the owners manual was gone, so the dealer replaced it (arrived yesterday) In thumbing thru it I noticed the picture of the remotes look nothing like what I have, and in looking over E-Bay, whats offered there is not looking like what I have........Somehow i feel Im screwed in this situation........

In any case, shouldnt the truck still enter the programing mode if it is a FORD system??? Which it does not so I am thinking we are outta luck here....not knowing what is really on the truck.

Old 07-03-2004, 10:48 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
yea it sounds like someone bought a truck without a keyless lock system, and had one installed so you will have to find out what kinda system it is, and get the book for it to find out how to program them.
And since it is not a factory system no the truck will not enter into program mode as it doesn't have one in it's system the remotes are totally seperate from the trucks computor. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that respect

Old 07-03-2004, 11:06 AM
ecajberry
Junior User
Dang.......I kinda thought this was going to be the case........in a way its all good cause the damn thing didnt work until you got to the truck anyway........dont need this feature....I always figured it was a yuppy kinda thing.
thanks for all your input folks........