Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just had another toy installed and a problem fixed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Chargerkid
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had another toy installed and a problem fixed.

I took my Excursion to get an amplifier (Alpine F340 4 way) installed to run 4 speakers (MB Quarts). I just didn't like the way my truck sound. I do have a subwoofer. The owner said it had way too much bass. He adjusted it and now it sounds loud and very clear. Cost $350.00 installed. Very happy!

I asked if they knew about actuators going bad. I noticed a month ago that my rear doors were not locking. Glad I noticed it before someone opened the doors and took all my belongings. Actually, the rear doors were not unlocking. The audio shop told me just to change the actuators. They charged me $150.00 to replace the two actuators and install. They used aftermarkets. They work great now!

Also got new tint in today. It cost $250.00 to do all the windows except, of course, the front windshield. I had the fronts at 30%. The rest is limo tint. I don't like it when someone can come up and look whats inside. I couldn't really see the inside with the direct sunlight. It's looks awesome. I travel alot in the Excursion and will pull over to get some sleep when I get tired. It will now reduce all that morning sunlight. Now it won't disturb other drivers when the DVD is playing or someone is reading.

Old 06-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Excursion Dude
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What sound system did you have origanlly? Stock or the primium? And what did you keep of the old, if you did?