Computer Chips & Tuners  

Some Help, New to Performance CHips

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Heritage___150
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Help, New to Performance CHips

I have a F150 2003 5.4 v8 4x4, (Heritage of course). Would like to invest in a performance chip but don't know what to get or how to start. Look on motorhaven.com and that only confused me more. Do i just buy a chip or do I need the tuner? Or does someone else do the tuning. Will i notce more HP?

Someone talk to me about this please!

Old 06-23-2004, 04:37 PM
quotidian9
New User
Check out superchips.com or diablosport.com. The two options I have been looking at are the microtuner from superchips, which gives you three performance options, and the delta chip from diablo, which can be switched on an off. Good luck!

Old 06-23-2004, 11:38 PM
JasonVMP
New User
Originally Posted by Heritage___150
I have a F150 2003 5.4 v8 4x4, (Heritage of course). Would like to invest in a performance chip but don't know what to get or how to start. Look on motorhaven.com and that only confused me more. Do i just buy a chip or do I need the tuner? Or does someone else do the tuning. Will i notce more HP?

Someone talk to me about this please!
You can do the installation of the programs either way(chip or microtuner).Depends on what exactly your looking for. Do you want more horsepower, and/or better gas mileage? You could gain 1-2 mpg with no loss of power at wide open throttle with a MicroTuner gas mileage program. On the other hand, with 91-93 octane fuel and an na stock vehicle you could gain 7-12rwhp and 7-12rwtq minimum. You could also have much firmer faster shifting(with an auto), and alot of other options depending on personal preference. Even if you dont want to use the high octane fuel, theres always an 87 octane performance program which will have horsepower gains also.

Old 06-24-2004, 07:27 AM
Heritage___150
New User
I want more HP, Faster shifting would be nice, better gas mileage is always better. Not real thrilled with having to use more expensive fuel but i will if it is the best way to go to get the big three i just mentioned. Anyone out there actually put a chip in a truck compariable to mine and how did it perform?