2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lemon Law (HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 08:39 AM
ANAP
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemon Law (HELP)

How do I go about the Lemon Law with Ford?

I have about 3,000 miles on the truck. If everything was normal on it then I would love it. After paying 40K for it and having more issues than any other car I have ever had is a little ridiculous.

I want a full refund....and I am going elsewhere.

Thanks for any info...

Old 06-19-2004, 10:52 AM
imarockstacker
New User
Lemon laws vary from state to state, depending on the whims on each states' legislative body.

Try http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...-8&q=lemon+law

Let me / us know, I'm in the same boat as you, Ford cannot (or will not) determine what's wrong with my truck. And, it's been in the shop way longer then the statutory requirement for a lemon-law refund / replacement in my state.

Old 06-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Flash
Posting Guru
Lemon laws change from state to state so there is no real answer available except in Colorado for you. In texas, it requires an attorney, you will be charged .365 cents per mile used, and about 3 months of hair pulling. Trust me, it isn't worth it. I have a junk 04 SCrew like you. I will be going elsewhere for my next vehicle as well but I have no intentions of going the Lemon Law- too much BS. When I find the vehicle I want, it will be a clean trade-in because "it doesn't do the job I need it to do". I expect to take a bath on the money end but (1.) I won't have to put up with this piece of junk (2.) I won't ever be in a Ford again. It's a shame, after 35 years of driving the truck brand that I love, I have watched Bill Ford all but gut the F-150. The new F-150 is a joke- a bad joke. Even the techs at Ford are wanting to leave because of quality issues that Bill doesn't want to address. Well Bill, you dicated that you wanted to reduce content in the new F-150, I'd say you have reduced it about as far as you can and still find somebody to buy it. I guess W C Fields was right.

As for you die hard Ford fans, before you start to flame me for thsi post, take a look at some of the other brand forums. They aren't having issues with vibration, constant reflashing the computer, wheels that don't fit the axles, distorted windshields, intermitent A/C, transmission problems, out of round driveshafts, bad brakes, and the list goes on. Yep, they have issues, anything that is manmade and mass produced is going to have some problems but not like the new Fords. Open your eyes and take a look, I did and I was surprised that others aren't having the incredible amount of issues that Ford is having. I don't know what I will be driving in the months ahead but I have had it with Fords don't give a flip attitude and the fact that the dealers aren't paid to fix Fords screwups.

Old 06-19-2004, 11:16 AM
ANAP
Senior User
Well SAID!!

I am going to pursue the Lemon Law....I am not taking a hit of 10,000 just to get another car. Ford needs to pay for this and all the other people they have jerked around.

For you people that do have great working truck! Congrats! Ford is good when you get a good product.....but no matter what you have...their service is still the worst I have ever dealt with.

Old 06-19-2004, 01:01 PM
mn 6.0
Senior User
I went through the lemon law in Minnesota & won (back in 2000). It was a long ordeal & IMO not worth the hassel. About 3 months ago I traded my new new Screw for a dreaded Dodge, lost about $5,000 but it was worth every penny. To my surprise I have no complaints about the Dodge, not one.

Old 06-19-2004, 01:10 PM
ANAP
Senior User
Originally Posted by mn 6.0
I went through the lemon law in Minnesota & won (back in 2000). It was a long ordeal & IMO not worth the hassel. About 3 months ago I traded my new new Screw for a dreaded Dodge, lost about $5,000 but it was worth every penny. To my surprise I have no complaints about the Dodge, not one.

How many miles did you have on your F-150? Did Dodge work something out with you for converting from the competition?

Old 06-19-2004, 04:39 PM
VulnoX
Freshman User
Every new model has its problems, and it takes time to work them out. It is up to you what you do, but damning ford is not the way to go. This is the first year production on the highest selling vehicle on the planet. You take a million trucks, and many around bound to have problems. Thats just probability. I am sorry you are having those problems, but there are more people with problem free trucks than problem trucks, and they will find a fix for yours.

http://www.mycarstats.com/

The F-150 is on there, but its not close to the worst. Plus its the only Ford on the list, kind of proving that it has less to do with the brand, and more to do with the fact that its an ALL NEW VEHICLE with many things never tried before.

Like I have said, my family has right now, a 2004 Ranger, and two 2004 Escapes. My ranger has 11k miles on it, problem free, one escape is newer and has 2500, no probs, the last escape is brand new with about 500 miles on it. Before that we had a 2003 Ranger with 0 problems and a 2003 Lincoln LS with 0 problems. Before that 2002 and 2003 Explorer Sport Trac's, with 0 problems.

I hardly thing Ford is the problem, I am sure they are working on the issues, if they always ignored stuff like this they would have been out of business a long time ago. Just give it some time before you go through the even worse job of going lemon law.

My best advice, go to a Lincoln/Mercury dealer, their service is 9 times out of 10 A LOT better than a Ford dealer.

Old 06-19-2004, 06:44 PM
imarockstacker
New User
but damning ford is not the way to go.
Until ford steps up to the plate and refunds our entire purchase price, not discounted for statutory depreciation, I (and probably we) will tell each of oue circle of friends, who will tell their circle of friends, etc., etc.......

After all, word of mouth is ford's best advertisement, and their worst enemy. That's the nature of the free economy we enjoy in this U.S. of A.

<!BTW, before you dare criticize those of us with 'egg-beater' fords, just spend a day driving one of our trucks on a 400 mile 'hell-ride'.>

Old 06-19-2004, 07:34 PM
ralupien
Freshman User
I’m also having an issue with my new truck. Some of you may have read my post in regards to air blowing in from under the dash on the passenger’s side.
The response I’m getting from Ford is that the “air blending box” for the circulation system. The blending box has a design flaw that keeps it from sealing to the outside.
Ford customer service is calling it a “normal operating characteristic”. My take on this is that it is an operating characteristic but it’s not normal. I’ll keep this bord up to date on the developments as I try to get this resolved. I expect it to be a long haul.

Old 06-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Labrador
Senior User
Most states require that you use the Ford Dispute Settlement Board first before the lemon law. You can get more information from your dealer or your truck manual. I sent my DSB forms in a few weeks ago for dirveline vibration 45-65 mph, steering wheel nibble above 65 mph & a few other things. Fords factory rep said my truck was normal and he would not do any more work on my truck.

Old 06-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Flash
Posting Guru
ANAP, you might find this interesting. My neighbor bought an F-150 Lariat SCrew, 4x4, ALL options including DVD player in bright red with the tan accent. Drop dead beautiful truck. He had custom wheels and tires on it. Bought the thing 6 weeks ago. I haven't seen it for two weeks or him for that matter and behold this evening he comes home in a bright red Yukon. Seems Ford couldn't fix the thing- vibration. His GM dealer is offering 04 F-150 owners the GM loyalty rebate ($3,000) if traded before July 6. I will see him Tuesday.
Oh yeah, the Yukon is one nice truck and quiet too.

Old 06-19-2004, 09:26 PM
WEB
Senior User
Flash, I agree with you to a point, if you buy anything, especially something costing $40k it damn well be perfect. And if not fix or replace it.

But before you condem an entire line ov vehicles (F150's) and a company (Ford) think about all the new F150's out there that are 100% happy with thier trucks. There have been many posts and surveys that have stated this. We are just not as vocal as folks with problems and rightly so. We are really sorry that some people are having problems and to them they are critical problems.

I have had about 14 Ford trucks in my 30 some years of driving and my 04 FX4 is by far the best truck of the bunch. If I were to have the same problems that some are having I would be hopping mad also but..... I would still swap/trade/buy another one just like it because the odds are very much greater that the next one would not have the vibration/AC/ETC problems.

Volnox siad pretty well and I agree with him that for what ever reason the Lincoln/Mercury dealers seem to have far better service.

I hope you get what you want, there are no hard feelings and you should be happy when the day is done. But there are many of us thatdon't think Ford is a joke and are very very happy with our trucks and feel bad that some of you can't enjoy the truck the way we do. Good Luck

Old 06-20-2004, 11:14 AM
motodave
New User
ANAP, If you want results fast go talk to your Attorny General in your state and start the lemon law process. If your truck is at the dealer currently the AG will send them a letter to follow up on,and then you have some doc's for future consideration.I'm not sure about other staes but in the state off Washington the AG office has a web site w/ forms for complaints on line and real easy. If any thing the dealer may be at fault for some of your issues not being solved, good luck!

Old 06-20-2004, 06:27 PM
3nine
Junior User
I don't think that anyone is expecting a new truck to be perfect. What I think Flash (and RockStacker) are saying is that for $40K the manufacturer (Ford) should at least stand behind their product or at least stand behind their customer who just spent that $ on their product.

Plain and simple: Ford's handling of this situation is utterly ridiculous and unforgiveable. And I can guarantee that those of you who were LUCKY enough to get a truck with no problems would be just as upset as Flash, rockstacker, myself or anyone else who has posted their regrettable issues on this board. If you say differently then you're not being truthful with yourself or anyone else on this board. Try to place yourself in their shoes (helpless and unhappy with a brand new $40K piece of trash [not all f150s -- those with vibration issues]).

Truthfully . . . it's sad that many of these longtime Ford fans have to jump ship and look to a competing brand just to find solace.

Old 06-20-2004, 07:17 PM
hovy
Senior User
If you meet the states lemon laws you bought the truck in it is quite easy to get a buy back....I did it in 96 and it was not all that bad.. Be smart and find out your rights before swinging. Plus if you paid 40 grand for a 150 you got taken!!!

Quick Reply: Lemon Law (HELP)