Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Need major immediate help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 06:14 PM
case2273
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need major immediate help

99' f350 psd. Truck had a injector control module installed yesterday. Everything was great until my guy got into the truck after stopping at a store and the truck would turn over and not start. He smelled electrical burning under the dash. He pulled the computer next to the e-brake where you can chip it and said it smelled burnt. opened up and no visible signs of damage. I have 6 guys stranded in a town where they do not work weekends. I need them to get out of there without breaking the bank. can you replace that computer without any special equipment? or should I be looking at something else?

KC

Old 06-18-2004, 08:42 PM
bigdieseldav
Senior User
there's not a quick fix for burnt up electronics, however I think a new computer even if put in hastily would still be expensive... Have them check the fuel shut off switch. Location for this switch is in the manual, I don't remember well enough to try to tell you .. good luck..

Old 06-19-2004, 03:36 AM
The Grinch
Senior User
Check the 20 amp fuses under the hood. My 95 would not start and I found a fuse out in the box under the hood I missed the first time I looked there. You have to pull them to see them.