Sponsored by:

A/C fan problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:36 PM
redrumybronco
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C fan problem

It seems that my high setting on the a/c does not work... the normal setting works fine but when I switch to the high setting the fan stays at the constant normal rate and when left like this for a while no air will come out but you can hear the fan still blowing, almost like the vent itself is being shut off.... has anyone else had this problem?

Old 06-18-2004, 06:46 AM
fcarruth
Elder User
What year is your Bronco ? Here is what it was on my 89. Raise the hood and look at the white vacuum line on the passenger side area near your map sensor close to the firewall. It goes through the firewall and under the glove box. Mine was cracked and did the same thing. Also, get a hand vacuum gauge at the Zone for about $20. and test them all. That's all I found on mine though.

Good luck,

Old 06-18-2004, 09:23 AM
redrumybronco
Senior User
Its a 92' E.B. How did you repair.. did you replace entire vacuum tube or could you splice another tube?

Old 06-18-2004, 09:35 AM
fcarruth
Elder User
I took a piece of the bad line to the Zone and got a piece that would slip over the old line tightly and then took it home and repaired it. I also got some shrink tubing on the joints just in case.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

By the way, my line was so bad you could see the damage but yuou could unplug one end and then blow on it and see if there is any leakage. There should be none.

Old 06-18-2004, 12:15 PM
redrumybronco
Senior User
I took a look at the white vacuum tube you mentioned, at first it didn't seem damaged but after I started to remove some tape I found where the tube is messed up... thanks for the information I will make it a point to get a repair piece during lunch. I will also use shrink tube for repair. Seems funny how a simple little tube can cause such trouble.

Old 06-18-2004, 09:00 PM
redrumybronco
Senior User
Thumbs up

Yup... did what you did and now the A/C works like a charm in this hundred degrees weather. I am a happy hominid, thanks!