Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Injection pump settings

Old 12-31-2000, 02:51 PM
kasingec
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injection pump settings

I purchased a Ford F350 4X4 crew cab about 11 months ago and was unhappy with the power.
I took it to a diesel mechanic who livened it up a hair but it was still pretty sad. He said he turned up the fuel, added a K&N filter, changed fuel filter.
I installed a Banks turbo system with the 3 1/2 exhaust, turned up the fuel pressure as per the banks instructions but still, the power was not impressive. Their are no air leaks from the turbo pressure.
Discovered where to turn up the fuel and started to adjust the fuel up a little at a time. Never really helped till I turned the fuel pressure up some more. I then started getting some real power out of the engine.
But, pulling a 5% grade unloaded caused exhaust temperatures to reach 1000 degrees. (So I figured to much fuel)
Turned down the fuel by a 1 1/2 turns and and the power seems to still be their but mileage runs about 11.5MPG. Previously was getting about MPG.
I have on one occasion gotten 19MPG and another of 17MPG both on a 100 mile trip. No rhyme or reason why, tried different fuels, no changes were made to the truck at the time I got these mileages.
The truck starts excellent, idles great. I don't think the pump is wore out. It does however seem to stall at about 3500 rpm, on heavy throttle, just before the shift to the next gear (any gear)in the E40D automatic. (Tranny is new!) Fuel Problem??

Is their anyone who knows how to set the fuel and pressure settings back to stock settings, as I don't know how many turns up or down they are from the original?
After that, does anyone know where the fuel and pressure settings need to be set, for a 7.3 banks turboed automatic ford 4X4?
Also what should the fuel pressure be in PSI at the fuel injectors?
My Chiltons manual is no help!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Old 12-31-2000, 10:43 PM
fordiesel69
More Turbo
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Injection pump settings

Everyone that I know personally that have banks turbo's are unsatisfied with the power response. I have never owned one with a banks, but I drove one with an ATS turbo and it seemed very powerful compared to the naturally aspirated 7.3. There is no stock setting for the injection pump because each pump is calibrated on a machine. If there is a problem with the fuel mileage you need to turn it down a hair. The engine should smoke a little black on acceleration if the fuel setting is correct.

Old 01-03-2001, 12:13 PM
jda
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injection pump settings

Search this Thread