Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Need Help Quick

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 11:00 AM
RETTE
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help Quick

Pulled In The Drive Way The Other Day Truck Stalled Wouldnt Start Till The Next Morning. Took It To The Dealer They Said It Is Showing A P0603 Code And Said That Meant I Had A Performance Chip In It. Problem Is I Dont Have A Chip In It. Told Them That I Bought It A Year Ago From Ford Used If There Is A Chip In It I Bought It That Way. Guy Kept Insinuating That I Wasnt Telling Him Everything. Anyone Have Any Like This Happen To Them?

2002 F250 Sd Lb Crew 7.3 36,500

Old 06-04-2004, 11:25 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RETTE
Pulled In The Drive Way The Other Day Truck Stalled Wouldnt Start Till The Next Morning. Took It To The Dealer They Said It Is Showing A P0603 Code And Said That Meant I Had A Performance Chip In It. Problem Is I Dont Have A Chip In It. Told Them That I Bought It A Year Ago From Ford Used If There Is A Chip In It I Bought It That Way. Guy Kept Insinuating That I Wasnt Telling Him Everything. Anyone Have Any Like This Happen To Them?

2002 F250 Sd Lb Crew 7.3 36,500
That code can be set by nothing more than disconnecting the batteries. Clearly your dealer is on a witch hunt, and evidently doesn't know (or care) too much about you or your truck. It's a shame that has to happen, but it does all the time.

Find the closest International dealer and get a camshaft position sensor to put in it.....johnsdiesel has a couple of good links on part numbers and how-to's.

Old 06-05-2004, 08:23 AM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie88

Find the closest International dealer and get a camshaft position sensor to put in it.....johnsdiesel has a couple of good links on part numbers and how-to's.
Thanks for the introduction cookie88.

Here you go:

CMP Sensor Location and Part #

CMP Sensor Removal/Installation