2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150 vs TITAN

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 02:15 PM
KenB
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by calgary_redneck
I'm neither a gm guy of a nissan guy I just staight when someone makes a good product unlike all you die hard ford guys I can give credit where credit is deseved and not turn a blind eye to fords problems. what i drive I have not that is makes any difference to anything I have said a 69 pontiac acadian and a 99 silverado and my wife has a tundra. As for you own personal experiances, in the big picture they mean very little (assuming they are even true)
You realize you're contradicting yourself, you ARE a GM and an import family, no Fords in your stable, so we can then presume that you come on this forum to pick nits (as proven by your posts) about Fords.

Your crack about assuming any of our related experiences being true is uncalled for.

Every vehicle producer out there makes goods vehicles, some just aren't so good, as in defects etc. Nothing ever mass produced by anyone has a perfect record. Through advertising the consumer (in general) is being tempted by whatever the advertiser feels will tweek our interest, slight of hand is used a lot (look here but don't look there), and presenting 'facts' that are skewed by how the facts were gathered.

As I've said, I made my personal choice by starting out being non-brand specific, and for my needs the Ford fit the bill closer than any other. By whatever reason someone makes their choice, so be it.
I drive a Ford. The wife drives an import brand (but made in America) mini van, because that was the best choice to fit the bill of requirements we had for that vehicle, as well as the track record it had when we were shopping.

Ultimately, no one that cares about their vehicle is as unbiased as you say you are. Can't be, somewhere there is a preference/choice that you made for driving what you do. That alone makes you biased toward 'A' brand.
Yet here you are on a Ford Truck forum, . . . . . . . does that mean you really like Fords, or you like being in the middle of a group that pretty much thinks one way, and that makes you feel good so you can have constant ammo for put-downs, or are you really just trolling . . . . .?

Old 06-01-2004, 02:20 PM
fatman66
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for you own personal experiances, in the big picture they mean very little (assuming they are even true) when you consiter the volume of cars that companies like nissan,toyota,chevy and ford sell.
I understand you are trying to bring an objective viewpoint to the discussion here but the above is a ridiculous statement (especially considering your spelling and grammar). First you question the veracity of claims that a domestic car company can make a long lasting quality product (sure they all must be lying Fords never last a long time and are never reliable) then you tell us that our personal experiences are irrelevant? I believe that personal experiences are the most relevant. Maybe we should just all go out and buy what the magazines tell us or what the guy on the message board says is the best regardless of what we have actually observed first hand. By the way it’s all first hand experiences that get pooled to create reputations that you seem to place so much value in. No I have no brand loyalty and no bias against imports, as long as they are at least assembled here), I almost bought a Tundra. I'll admit the Nissan and Toyota build nice reliable vehicles with high quality, but if there is one thing that the domestic companies can build that is tough and dependable its been proven that it is full size pick up trucks. I believe that the predominant sentiment is that the foreign trucks will have to prove that they can last as long and be as tough as the domestics before they get any real respect. All the innovation and questionable demos (see the Bs from newtitanowner) won't change that. By the way, the idea that all foreign cars are high quality masterpieces that will last forever and that all domestic one are cheap crap with faulty (that’s how you spell faulty by the way) parts that are totally unreliable is outdated and blown out of proportion.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:32 PM
4.9ford
New User
Originally Posted by newtitanowner
The technical reasons of why Nissan's have performed better over the years are their secret. They prove it on the track, road and soon, on work sites. And if you think there is a street legal mustang on the planet that can beat my se-r, bring it on. The only non nissan cars that have beat me 1/4 mile are vettes(turbo charged) and a super charged m3 beat me a couple of times, but I have also beat him once. No stang, camaro, or anything else has come close.
what does you nissan run? my brothers STREET LEGAL 87 5.0 MUSTANG runs 10.23 1/4. NO turbo, NO nos, NO super charger. ALL ENGINE.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:55 PM
calgary_redneck
Senior User
Originally Posted by fatman66
I understand you are trying to bring an objective viewpoint to the discussion here but the above is a ridiculous statement (especially considering your spelling and grammar). First you question the veracity of claims that a domestic car company can make a long lasting quality product (sure they all must be lying Fords never last a long time and are never reliable) then you tell us that our personal experiences are irrelevant? I believe that personal experiences are the most relevant. Maybe we should just all go out and buy what the magazines tell us or what the guy on the message board says is the best regardless of what we have actually observed first hand. By the way it’s all first hand experiences that get pooled to create reputations that you seem to place so much value in. No I have no brand loyalty and no bias against imports, as long as they are at least assembled here), I almost bought a Tundra. I'll admit the Nissan and Toyota build nice reliable vehicles with high quality, but if there is one thing that the domestic companies can build that is tough and dependable its been proven that it is full size pick up trucks. I believe that the predominant sentiment is that the foreign trucks will have to prove that they can last as long and be as tough as the domestics before they get any real respect. All the innovation and questionable demos (see the Bs from newtitanowner) won't change that. By the way, the idea that all foreign cars are high quality masterpieces that will last forever and that all domestic one are cheap crap with faulty (that’s how you spell faulty by the way) parts that are totally unreliable is outdated and blown out of proportion.
Well first let me thank you for the brush up on spelling. I never stated that all demostics are pieces of crap and if you were to pay attention you would have argued for chevy as well in previous posts...which is yes a domestic. As for the subject of all import cars being quality masterpieces I never suggested that how the the japanese have demonstrated that they can build car and just as good if not better than the rest of the world. BTW although the domestics have improved their reliabilty hugely over the past decade the numbers still are in the japanese's favour as fair as lemon buy backs, problems per vehical, and customer saticfacton. Now you can argue the validity of this till your blue in the face but when publishment and inteligent person in the industry it must mean something

Old 06-01-2004, 02:57 PM
calgary_redneck
Senior User
Originally Posted by 4.9ford
what does you nissan run? my brothers STREET LEGAL 87 5.0 MUSTANG runs 10.23 1/4. NO turbo, NO nos, NO super charger. ALL ENGINE.
This comment doesn't deserve a responce

Old 06-01-2004, 03:17 PM
fatman66
Senior User
Well first let me thank you for the brush up on spelling. I never stated that all demostics are pieces of crap and if you were to pay attention you would have argued for chevy as well in previous posts...which is yes a domestic
1. You are quite welcome for the spelling lesson; here is another one, its "domestic" not "demostic".

2. I'm well aware that Chevy is a domestic. I don't think that I ever really mentioned Chevy other than to say I used to own one, it was a good truck (95 Sierra) and I thought it was better than the 95-96 F-150 when I bought it, just like I thought that the 04 F-150 was better than the 04 Silverado/ Sierra. Chevy makes a nice truck, so does Dodge, Nissan, and Toyota. I give credit where credit is due. All have their pros and cons; I thought that the F-150 had the best balance of pros vs. cons, so I bought one.

3. I never said that YOU suggested that foreign cars were masterpieces and domestic cars were crap, it’s an attitude that I find prevalent and IMHO it's in overstated and not as valid as it used to be. I'm sick all the "enlightened geniuses" looking down their noses on people who buy American vehicles.

Now you can argue the validity of this till your blue in the face but when publishment and inteligent person in the industry it must mean something
This is comment that does not even deserve an answer but since I can't resist, what the heck does this mean? What is the “publishment”? The ultimate irony is that you can’t spell intelligent. LOL

Old 06-01-2004, 04:40 PM
bassaway
Senior User
Oh boy, where do I start...how about the part where Nissan is soposedly waiving their magical superior engineering wands over their engines to give them more power and more durability, what a joke. And im guessing the CEO of Nissan motor is apparently telling his fairy godmother to fly over to Ford Motor and cast a spell on their frames to make them extra brittle. Also, if you would take your head out of nissans tailpipe and look around, you will find that Texas is not being overrun by hundreds of millions of Titans. I was there just this past weekend and I failed to see just one. Maybe Nissan has a new magical camo paint. I bet thats really nice for speeding! By the way, why did Nissan do away with the Titans front end and give it a hood the size of a Dodge caravan?---OK, enough of that...Just wanted to see how it feels to flame about other brands. Back to being a FORD TRUCK ENTHUSIAST...

Old 06-01-2004, 04:49 PM
KenB
Elder User
Originally Posted by fatman66
The ultimate irony is that you can’t spell intelligent. LOL

calgary_red is creative if nothing else, publishment????????

Old 06-01-2004, 06:30 PM
stevef100s
Posting Guru
I would like to personally thank calgary redneck and new titan owner for providing me with so much comedic material. I have been following this thread closely, because all the crap y'all make up has been keeping me rolling on the floor. The spelling errors coming from a person whom is trying to appear intelligent, is also very amusing. I have owned many other brands of cars and trucks, both foreign and domestic. I believe I qualify as having an open mind. I just saw a Titan on the road today for the first time, on the way home from work. BUTT UGLY. What's up with that black patch on the tailgate? Must be there wasn't room for it on the hood.

Old 06-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Hammy17
Senior User
this thread is gonna get locked if you guys dont quit flamin newtitanowner and calgaryredneck

Old 06-01-2004, 07:34 PM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
If personal experiences don't matter, then the personal experience of the thread starter doesn't matter, either, so therefore, according to calgary redneck, this whole thread is irrelevant. Now, if they don't matter, calgary redneck, how much experience does Nissan have with building full size trucks, or even V8s? NONE! That means nothing has been proven, especially not to the consumer, and dang sure not to me. Show me ANYTHING that the Titan does better than an F-150 can. I understand that it's crew cab will tow more than the F-150 crew cab, but Ford does offer a half ton that can tow more and has more payload. Not to mention that you can't even get a real bed on a Titan, just a little half-bed that you MIGHT be able to fit a four wheeler in. It may be faster in a drag race, but most of these trucks are meant to be used as trucks, not as sports cars, and I'm wiling to bet good money that they don't beat a Lightning. I'm also sick of hearing about how great of a truck this Titan is, when it's untested in ANY market and is a first year product from a company that has never done anything like it before. That's biased if I ever saw it, assuming that it will be a great long-lasting truck just because it's a Nissan.

Old 06-01-2004, 08:25 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by newtitanowner
...A 2.5 liter inline 4 cyl Sentra Spec-V will eat a bmw 330i alive...
NOW I've heard everything! I'm no BMW fan, believe me, but that one line proves this guy doesn't have a clue as to what he's talking about. But he DOES know how to stir the pot around here!

Old 06-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 190 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Hammy17
this thread is gonna get locked if you guys dont quit flamin newtitanowner and calgaryredneck
Exactly! ! !

Sorry guys, I've been away for a few days. Looks like I've missed quite a bit. If this doesn't get back to TECH talk, it will be locked again.

Old 06-01-2004, 10:54 PM
MountainHound
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by calgary_redneck
Well I see there is lots of miss information here I'm not even sure where to start. Lets see first of all the tundra and the tundra are both rated for better fuel economy than the f150 4.6. As for the brake rotors warping this seems to be a common concert ( ) with many vehicals including ford trucks. Trying to argue that ford reliability is higher is reduculas ( ). Infact I don't think you could find a single publication anywhere not matter how pro=ford that would say that fords are more reliable. i know I have cirtainly never seen one. As for few contracters using the japanese 1/4 tones I haven't observed the same thing how ever even if that were true it can easy be explained buy the fact that the toyota and nissan trucks hold their resail value very well (due to their legendary durability reputation) and most contracters aren't willing to pay for them

Misinformation now is it??? If it's misinformation, go cry to the boys at the Titan forum about it because anyone can go there and read for themselves.

I don't care what the Titan's fuel economy "rating" is, go read the posts at the other forum and see what some Titan owners are actually getting and quit buying into Nissan's phony marketing BS. Like I said, my 7000lb F250 V10 gets the same mileage as some of those guys' Titans are getting and that's a ridiculous joke for a "state of the art" 1/2 ton pickup.

And if brake warping is a "common" problem among all pickups, why hasn't Nissan with their "LEGENDARY" quality fixed this with the Titan?? Is it somehow "okey dokey" for Titans to have coffee can lids for brake rotors just because some other trucks have bad brakes?

And don't try to make the argument that Nissan's products are in the same class quality-wise as Toyota. Nissan has a long way to go in that department to be in Toyota's league!

Old 06-02-2004, 03:13 AM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
My truck doesn't have a rotor warping problem.

Quick Reply: F150 vs TITAN