2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedometer

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Vee eight
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Speedometer

"Hello" to all you F-150 truck owners that use this site. I'm V8 from Southampton, England and have ordered a fully loaded lariat screw from Canada it'l be built on week starting 31st May but because it's Canadien spec it comes with kilometers speedo. Over here we have mph just like U.S.A. so i wondered if any of you know how difficult it may be to buy the correct speedo and if it's a simple job of fitting it myself. I wanted to get the truck from a dealer on the east coast but as soon as they learn i'm english they won't play ball telling me they'l loose their Ford franchise etc etc. So i tried a dealer in Toronto and it's now a done deal complete with a chassis number. As you owners imagine i'm a little excited about cruising around in it.
Also, i realise that you have a few truck plants in the U.S. but does any one know where the Canadien one's are built ? If anyone can help on these issues then you can e mail me on rjmarshall44@aol.com
Regards V8.

Old 05-25-2004, 12:20 PM
TRITON-ic
Senior User
This is a silly question, but here it is. Here in the USA we have MPH as the fore front of the speedometers, and the back shows kilos. Would this be just the opposite in Canada?
I realize this is not what you want,but it should still have MPH on it? You'll just need to get used to looking at the smaller measures.

Old 05-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Vee eight
New User
Thumbs up Speedo's

Originally Posted by TRITON-ic
This is a silly question, but here it is. Here in the USA we have MPH as the fore front of the speedometers, and the back shows kilos. Would this be just the opposite in Canada?
I realize this is not what you want,but it should still have MPH on it? You'll just need to get used to looking at the smaller measures.
Thank's for replying, yes i believe that's it, mph is behind the km's but the oddometer will still clock up in k's. I really want to get hold of a mph speedo for it so it is easier. Do you know where the Canadien trucks are built ?
Regards V8.

Old 05-25-2004, 03:45 PM
PC Poppy
Junior User
It's my understanding that all the F150s are built in USA. I'm Canadian and mine (supercab) was built in the Virginia factory. All Supercabs are built in Virginia and Supercrews are built in Kansas.

Old 05-25-2004, 04:12 PM
2004lariat
Junior User
Hey V8

Yes, all F150's are built in the USA - I am from canada and my Lariat Screw was built in Kansas City.

My Speedo is KM/H forefront with MPH background. The info center can be switch to both types of info ie: MPG or Litres/100 KM

I am not sure if your dealership in Toronto knows your situation or not, but you may want to call him and find out if he can get the regular USA speedo put in your truck instead of the Canadian one but still have it shipped to Toronto. Just a thought. But you may also be able to buy it seperatly and installed where you live.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:44 PM
LAAdkins
Junior User
My sons Lighning was built in Canada and my F150 was built in Norfolk, VA.

Old 05-27-2004, 05:14 AM
greenroses
Senior User
The replacement speedometer should be an easy online purchase.

Old 05-27-2004, 06:25 PM
hvac
New User
Question

Originally Posted by LAAdkins
My sons Lighning was built in Canada and my F150 was built in Norfolk, VA.
mine also was built in VA. Is it an XLT? With a 8'bed? Just a question? Are you having any vibration problems with your ? just a question. Is it a regular cab?

Old 05-27-2004, 07:59 PM
LAAdkins
Junior User
Mine is a SCAB Lariat 4 x 2 with a 6.5' bed and I have not experienced any vibrations. I have 11,400 miles including one trip from FL to PA and back. I purchased mine in OCT.