high fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 11:22 AM
dcarter
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post high fuel pressure

hello all,
my name is dave carter and i just found this site, and it looks great. i do have a problem with my 97 ford power stroke. when you put a fuel pressure gauge on the truck the pressure is running high. this causes my seal on the fuel filter to blow out every once and a while. i know about the little screen in the filter housing and have replaced it. the first on was torn. this seemed to help a little for a while. i change my filter every three months. i do not drive great distances each day (ABOUT 60 MILES). i have had it in the shop several times. the pressure relief has been changed out also. one time the mechanic took the spring that was in the pressure releif out and cut a little off of it and it lowered the pressure but i really don't like the idea of doing that. if any one has had the same problem i would really like to know as this is a little bothersome. also my fuel mileage has gone down quite a bit in the last year, even before the pressure problem, any ideas. i do run fuel conditioner. again any ideas would really be appericated. dave

Old 11-23-2001, 02:39 AM
The Diesel Dude
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
high fuel pressure

Exactly how much fuel pressure do you have? If working on the fuel pressure regulator hasn't solved the problem then it must be some kind of restriction in the fuel return line down stream of the pressure regulator. If your fuel pressure doesn't exceed 80 psi, it is within specs.

Old 11-24-2001, 06:01 PM
alanscott
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
high fuel pressure