6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

DSB Question???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Motown Fire
More Turbo
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts
DSB Question???

Well now I have the wonderful messed up FICM wire harness. Today my truck died on me in the driveway. Then it would fire up and then die 20 seconds later. So anyways roadside assisstance came and towed it to the dealer which is closed on sunday's. My question is for ya'll that have gotten a replacement truck do ya think that having this problem along with a failed injector @927 miles, non-working limited slip diff, and the water sensor failure is this enough to attempt a DSB and try to get a replacement truck??? All info would be great. Thankyou for any help.

Old 05-10-2004, 05:54 AM
jeb
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know. Maybe. I filed with the DSB about 3 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back yet. I've had 4 turbo/engine related problems. My motor has not been right since the replaced the turbo a couple of months ago. I have a dead pedal that the local service place says is just the way it is. That's what set me on the DSB path. I've also had FICM problems (replaced a module), 4 oil leaks (3 front, 1 rear) and both ends are still leaking, PI turned off, wiring harness problems, etc. I'm hopeful but not overly optimistic about my chances with the DSB giving me the buy back I'm looking for.

I believe you have to a have an existing problem that they've tried to fix but couldn't to qualify but I'm not sure. They do ask you that question on the DSB app. But DSB is different than lemon law. There is no real set rules. They hear your side and they hear fords side and they make a decision. It certainly couldn't hurt to try. It's a free process unless you hire a lawyer to assist you.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:46 AM
"Luke" SdeS
Elder User
Mowtown & Jeb

Outside question: Have you both confirmed that the dealership to which you are taking your trucks has a "Ford Certified Diesel Tech" on site ???? If you don't have personal knowlege that they do, you may want to ask -- and to confirm the dealership's response & credibility, meet him. Granted, this may be reaching......but....

Just A Thought...............on...............My Perceptions................

Last edited by "Luke" SdeS; 05-10-2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Motown Fire
More Turbo
Well I had the truck ack today for about 2 hours and it started to do it again. So I limped back to the dealer and got a loaner car. They re-programed the pcm like I told them not to do. Also I told them to check for the wire chaeffing from the FICM and they did not, go figure. What a great day they reflashed it and still have not fixed the problem.

Old 05-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Motown Fire
More Turbo
jeb, How did you go about begining your DSB??? What paper work, were to get suck paper work and so on??? I would greatly appreciate any info.

Old 05-10-2004, 04:02 PM
powerstrokedieselboy
Senior User
I just sent my DSB paper work out this morning. I have had multiple issue's with my truck. Starting with safety issue where the truck does this sporadic reving up and down while in gear and stopped. Its still not fixed. The last ford dealer service rep said that ford told him that this was normal for this engine to do this. I really don't think so. I have almost been pushed out into an intersection twice due to this. The truck just got back from the dealer for its 2nd rear main seal leak the other day. The truck has also been in the Frod garage for more than 55 day, and i have only had it for 6 months.

Motown,

Here is the 800 # for the DSB. Phone # 800-428-3718.

Hope this helps...

PSdboy

Last edited by powerstrokedieselboy; 05-10-2004 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Motown Fire
More Turbo
Thanks PSDboy. Keep us informed on your DSB goes.

Old 05-10-2004, 05:50 PM
$trokin60
Senior User
DSB goes by your state lemon law. for example they tried to make me pay a milage fee of $4700 because I live in Missouri. Since I'm in the military and my legal home of record is Oregon, and the vehicle is registered there (Oregon) I didnt have to pay milage as per Oregon law. so take a look at your state lemon laws and that is pretty much what you can expect them to offer you. But be patient it takes time. They offered me a replacment, So I took a 2004. 2000 miles and no problems yet. The 2003 didnt have the same problem over and over, but many diffrent ones. Hope this info helps Jerry.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:52 AM
jeb
Elder User
Motown,
I called Ford's national service number from the back of my owners manual. They actually started the DSB process for me. I got a small packet from the DSB about 2 weeks later. I then typed up a 5 page document detailing my problems and each service visit. I attached that to a copy of all my service tickets and sent it all in. I finally heard back from the DSB yesterday. They've accepted my case, given me a case number, forwarded it on to Ford, etc. It's suppose to conclude within 40 days now.

Luke,
They have a diesel tech who I've met. More often than I'd like, actually. I have no idea if he's got whatever certifications you mention. And I don't really care. It's not my problem to make sure the dealers personnel are qualified. It's the only Ford dealership in the town I live in and it's far and away the biggest Ford dealership within an hour of here. It's also the dealer I bought the truck from. I expect them to service the truck properly, which I believe they have done. Except maybe for the chronic front oil leak. They do seem to fix the problems quickly but between the flashes, leaks and poor post-turbo replacement performance, this is just not at all the truck I bought last Sept.

Old 05-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Motown Fire
More Turbo
Thanks Jeb. I will look into getting all my "stuff" ready to go so I may begin this process.

Old 05-11-2004, 02:22 PM
powerstrokedieselboy
Senior User
Jeb,

How long did it take for the DSB to let you know that they had excepted your claim? I sent mine out monday of his week and was just wondering. If you have time could you list some of the probs you are experiencing and the day the dealerhad your truck? Just wondering what, if any issue's are the same as mine.

Thanks,
PSDboy

Old 05-11-2004, 08:31 PM
jeb
Elder User
It took about 2 weeks to hear back from the DSB. That was yesterday. I got a call from the local dealer today but we just exchanged messages so far. They've had my truck 16 days so far.

My Lemon Law-able problem is turbo/engine performance related. It's been in 5 times for EGR's, FICM's, acutators and a new turbo. The new turbo has given me a dead pedal and they're not willing to anything more for it. It's also had a chronic front oil leak (fixed twice, leaking again) and has just developed a rear engine leak. So it's leaking out both ends of the motor right now. That's the major stuff. I've basically been driving it 7 months and have 10k on it now.

Old 05-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Motown Fire
More Turbo
Well here it is 4 days later and they say it may be out of the shop today. i had to tell the service rep to inform the mechanic of the FICM wire chaeffing problem. So yesterday they called me and offered me a job because the mechanics could not figure it out untill I told them what to look for. Thanks to this website we can inform the mechanics how to fix our trucks when we take them in.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Motown Fire
More Turbo
Ok today shortly after I wrote the above reply the service rep called me and said my truck is ready. So I go and pick it up and about 3 miles down the road it dies.....again...... Soooooooooooooo I make it back to the firestation 20 seconds at a time and call the service rep so they can come and tow it again. So for the 3rd time this week it is on the back of a tow truck headed back to the service dept. Looks like I might be going to the DSB with this truck. What do ya'll think??

Old 05-13-2004, 09:28 AM
jeb
Elder User
I think you should change your sig and go DSB if they don't get it fixed right and quickly.

Quick Reply: DSB Question???