6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Anyone Dynoed a 6.0 with a SC tuner

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 10:52 PM
SZAM
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Dynoed a 6.0 with a SC tuner

There is a thread on another site with this info and it is a little conflicting to what SC claims for its tuner , just trying to find as much info as I can before I purchase a tuner

Old 05-13-2004, 10:57 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This Sat northtexaspowerstrokes.com is having a meeting in Lewisville, Tx at a dyno shop... should have some numbers after that...

Old 05-13-2004, 10:57 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts
In the next week or two there will be some info form MotorHave on this

Old 05-13-2004, 11:07 PM
SZAM
Senior User
These are the numbers I am referring too just curious to see what everyone else it getting , this is not a flame to anyone just want to see honest numbers
Superchips 1704 - 333.7 : 95HP above Stock
Stock - 238.7 : Stock
Predator - 383.7 : 150HP above Stock

Old 05-13-2004, 11:27 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm...
hjave heard the predators were very conservative... but haven't done any dynos.... just 1/8th mile runs...
and like veteran racer Choctaw Bob told me 60 foot times in 2 seconds or less on street tires is GREAT !!!

IIRC 1/8th was 9.6 @ 78 mph ???? I don't recall ----- will have to look it up and edit...

Old 05-14-2004, 07:05 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by SZAM
These are the numbers I am referring too just curious to see what everyone else it getting , this is not a flame to anyone just want to see honest numbers
Superchips 1704 - 333.7 : 95HP above Stock
Stock - 238.7 : Stock
Predator - 383.7 : 150HP above Stock
Do you know that any dyno results can be adjusted to what ever you want?
Are you prepared to run your own tests?
It is extremely easy to gain varied results when running a dyno.
Are you only looking for the highest peak power product?
Does drivability, matter, does service matter, does previous experience in the industry matter.
What is your criteria for buying”

Just curious.

Old 05-14-2004, 07:10 AM
SZAM
Senior User
Tim I am simply looking for the most gain at the wheel ,great shift points ,driveability,longevity, etc.... I am not slaming any of SC tuners or products and yes I understand that things can be altered to show something works better than the competitors product thats why I wanted to get some feedback from everyone . If alot of people dyno these trucks with different numbers than you can take your own opinion on the matter of what tuner/chip is worth the money and make the claims of what the tell you it does

Old 05-14-2004, 07:28 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by SZAM
Tim I am simply looking for the most gain at the wheel ,great shift points ,driveability,longevity, etc.... I am not slaming any of SC tuners or products and yes I understand that things can be altered to show something works better than the competitors product thats why I wanted to get some feedback from everyone . If alot of people dyno these trucks with different numbers than you can take your own opinion on the matter of what tuner/chip is worth the money and make the claims of what the tell you it does
My point exactly, are you JUST buying because of peak horsepower results………..results that can be skewed by anyone with a unique motive.
I am not saying anyone has, however….if someone you can trust, like Ken who has no reason for any adjusted results…well then!

There is far more to a product than peak HP………WAY more.
By the way I know you are not slamming anyone...it is just not reasonable to look at peak gains only!

Old 05-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Kingondubs
New User
Originally Posted by Tim Lamkin
Do you know that any dyno results can be adjusted to what ever you want?
Are you prepared to run your own tests?
It is extremely easy to gain varied results when running a dyno.
Are you only looking for the highest peak power product?
Does drivability, matter, does service matter, does previous experience in the industry matter.
What is your criteria for buying”

Just curious.
Yes this is a issue, but have you tried both, I have and done drivability test, and I still like the predator better than the s/c.. It smokes alot more and shifts alot harder, and feels like less power. Also why is it that you can have future updates with the tool ? To make the product better, you can do it at home. Also Diablo will do custom tunes to catter to the customer. So I did my own test and i made my judgement.

Old 05-14-2004, 07:41 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by Kingondubs
Yes this is a issue, but have you tried both, I have and done drivability test, and I still like the predator better than the s/c.. It smokes alot more and shifts alot harder, and feels like less power. Also why is it that you can have future updates with the tool ? To make the product better, you can do it at home. Also Diablo will do custom tunes to catter to the customer. So I did my own test and i made my judgement.

This is good.....YOU made your own test.
You know what you want. It worked for you.
As a consumer, you looked at all of the products parameters