Can I join?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 10:29 AM
vans1951f1
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can I join?

Can I join?
I'm in Kansas (junction City) and it seems the Kansas Chapter you have to gave a reason to join! One heck of a question to ask. I'm a member of Hemmings "1949-53 Ford Mercury Club" and they didn't ask me why I wanted to join. Wonder how many good people have not join because of that!
If you let me join, I will promiss not to be a pain. Last (seeing how you didn't ask) I'd like to join because KS must be too sophisticated for my redneck and I love the Show Me State! My 1951 F1 & I are new at this restoring stuff but would love to help others with what we've learned along the way. As well as hopefully getting help ourselves as need it!

VANS1951F1

Last edited by vans1951f1; 05-13-2004 at 10:33 AM. Reason: mistake on web address
Old 05-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to FTE and the Missouri Chapter!!!

Drop me an email. I am a little confused about your problem in the Kansas chapter.

Old 05-13-2004, 02:29 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vans1951f1
Can I join?
I'm in Kansas (junction City) and it seems the Kansas Chapter you have to gave a reason to join! One heck of a question to ask. I'm a member of Hemmings "1949-53 Ford Mercury Club" and they didn't ask me why I wanted to join. Wonder how many good people have not join because of that!
If you let me join, I will promiss not to be a pain. Last (seeing how you didn't ask) I'd like to join because KS must be too sophisticated for my redneck and I love the Show Me State! My 1951 F1 & I are new at this restoring stuff but would love to help others with what we've learned along the way. As well as hopefully getting help ourselves as need it!

VANS1951F1
That is the way it was setup by “FTE”. If a chapter has an elected leader and that leader is listed by the chapter membership link then you are automatically sent to a request to join chapter page. The individual chapters do not put it there. If you are interested in joining the chapter just fill out the request and the leader will approve, disapprove or ignore the request. This is not just the Kansas Chapter and if you do not believe me then try to join another chapter that has their leader listed as designed by FTE. I received your request and approved it but do not understand why you would not just ask your question in the Kansas Chapter page. If you would rather not be a part of our chapter and would rather chose a different chapter to join just let me know and I will remove your membership to Kansas. We have not refused to let anyone join up till now and have a great chapter with some of the best people you would ever meet. By bypassing us and posting negatively about our chapter in another’s forum is not a good way to start your relationship with our other members. I will leave it in your hands and you are welcome to remain a member as this episode can be forgotten and everyone can start anew.

Thanks, Rollie (fordborn)

To all Missouri members I apologize with having to having to answer this thread and take up space in your forum. I just wanted to make it clear on how things were setup and by whom. So there was no confusion. Thank-You

Old 05-13-2004, 06:00 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
FYI, there is really no reason to disapprove a request. The request is just a formality really.... so the Leader can see everyone joining, and maybe send them a hello message if time allows.