1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Tried search but no luck, auto climate control temp question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 11:12 PM
marcogyver
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tried search but no luck, auto climate control temp question

May be a moot point but the auto climate control in the front cabin runs quite cold compared to the setting. For example I usually keep it set on 75 to 78 degrees F to maintain a comfortable level in the cabin (70 to 72 degrees F). It appears if the internal sensor(s) is reading 5 degrees higher. Is this normal for the Expy? My Audi had a way to read out faults from the AutoClimate control directly on the control display. Is this possible on the ford?

Old 05-12-2004, 05:23 PM
G35Sedan
Freshman User
consider yourself lucky. Most of us are having issues with the A/C cooling correctly.

Old 05-12-2004, 09:29 PM
marcogyver
Junior User
Well I'm glad that isn't my problem at the present time. I drop her off today for the passanger window regulator and they kept it overnight to check this AC problem. I was thinking that one of the climate sensors is not correct and therefor saying the cabin is warmer than actual temp.

Old 05-13-2004, 10:41 AM
johnkirk
Junior User
Temperature

My '99 Expy reads the outside temp about 10 to 15 degrees warmer that the actual temp. I'm trying to determine if this can be calibrated. Anyone know?

John

Old 05-13-2004, 11:23 AM
MrBSS
Posting Guru
If it reads more than plus or minus 2 degrees off while driving (not just while idling or after re-starting), all you can do is try a new sensor.

Theoretically, there are things you can do to modify the readings from these sensors if one knew the exact type Ford is using, but nobody's telling, and nobody, to my knowledge, thinks its worth his time to figure it out.

PS: ATC settings don't feel the same as the thermostat in your home. You've got a lot more sun exposure, for example, and the engineers design for that. I have had many vehicles with ATC and I always find that a 72 setting feels too cold to me. They would have many more complaints if the reverse happened, so they may overcompensate. And, yes, the panel will read out faults, but I don't believe it can tell if a sensor is off by 5 degrees.

Last edited by MrBSS; 05-13-2004 at 11:48 AM.