1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LPG reborn?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Utah Jake
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LPG reborn?

Back in 1980 I equiped a Ford truck with a 50 gallon LPG tank and converted my truck to run LPG. Reason: gas was $1.10 a gallon and LPG was 68 cents. Sure I lost 10% power but the savings were worth it. After a while the goverment decided I was getting to good a deal and raised the price of LPG to within several cents of gas. We all lost interest in alternative fuels. Now gas is $2.00 a gallon or more and LPG at my local Flying J is $1.06 if I pay a $40.00 a year road tax to the state. Maybe it's time to revisit the eighties ideas again.

Old 05-08-2004, 07:41 PM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
Not a bad idea. I've actually considered making my own biodiesel.

Old 05-08-2004, 08:02 PM
LOOnatic
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsdiesel
Not a bad idea. I've actually considered making my own biodiesel.
Me too.
Pretty simple actually.
My buddy in Utah has a deal with local restaurants where they pay him to collect their waste veggie oil.

He bought a 500 gallon tank and he mixes in a chemical (i forgot off hand) and he runs a trolling motor for a few hours to mix it all up.

He runs his refined biodiesel straight in his tank.
He has a small clientel now of friends who buy it from him and he has free fuel to boot!

The next step is forming a co-op to sell this product as "fuel additive" wink, wink.
Less EPA red-tape that way.

Ironic how we all have this escalating fuel situation yet as a "fast food nation" we also have the building blocks of our own fuel behind resaurants(waste veggie oil).
All we have to do is collect it and burn as is with a conversion kit from greasel.com or refine it ourselves and burn straight up in our existing diesel tank.

BTW, vegetable oil has a higher lubricating property than diesel and has ZERO sulfer emmisions.

I would love to see more biodiesel used and thus more American farmers at work(growing soybeans) than the currernt situation of importing crude with all the associated problems.

Okay, stepping off of soapbox now.
Thanks for listening.
LOO

Old 07-14-2004, 02:35 PM
smokeeater271
Freshman User
WTG LOO.. lol BTW thanx for the info on the B100 (oops B5!) on the 6.0. My point to ponder is why go after all Hardworking, taxpaying innovative American citizens who want to keep the money in amreica by making their own fuel for the 24.4 cents per gallon, when all the millions of illegal aliens (undocumented citizens, yea ok) who pay NO taxes and use our services that our 24.4 cents will pay for. quick basic math: 40 gal a week X 24.4 ($9.76 a week) compared to say 100 bucks a day x the 28% tax bracket = 28 a day x 5 days = $140.00. We know that WILL never happen, so i plan on using a lot of fuel additives to save money.. lol stay safe, Jimmy

Old 07-14-2004, 04:12 PM
MadMedic20
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just spent about 30min looking over the greasel.com site. WOW. That is some cool s**t. Makes me want to go buy a diesel and start driving for free. LOOnatic do have anymore info on your friends setup?