Bought a header

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 09:17 PM
77traded
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought a header

I bought a dual exhaust header new off ebay for $89. I figure it will be easier then getting factory efi manifolds, having them resurfaced, finding the walker pipe etc. It should cost the same in the endand look better, have a little more power, and be easier to do. I am still interested in a carb and intake and now cat free exhaust if they make one for direct bolt on after the dual exhaust header. What would you guys recommend for an exhaust for the dual setup? I have a wire feed welder so welding pipes together is no problem and the truck didn't come with cats.

Old 05-07-2004, 11:00 PM
optikal illushun
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i persoanlly like when the tips come out after the rear tire with some echo tips. also dont go over 2" for true duals...

Old 05-07-2004, 11:02 PM
biggieou
Elder User
I know a guy on fordsix that has the carb and intake for $350 plus shipping. Let me know I can get you his email address.

Old 05-07-2004, 11:32 PM
77traded
Junior User
I am thinking about geting a 2 into one muffler and running a single 2.5" pipe out the rear. I want it to be quiet but I also want to save money would I notice that big of a noise difference running the exhaust out infront of the rear axle verses going over the axle and exiting to the side behind the axle or maybe even going directly to the rear bumper without exiting to the side. Also thanks for the info obout the ford 6.com but I don't really want to spend almost $400 to get that carb/intake to my door.

Old 05-07-2004, 11:34 PM
optikal illushun
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if u get it ran over the axle it'll have less interior resonace...also ur set up sounds fine...good size for a 300.