Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

NW Montana Meet attendees only please

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 10:35 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, it looks like all of three of us, in the Kalispell area, are going to be here. This is beginning to look like a dead horse this year. No shirts. Possibly bumper stickers made if I get busy this week and get it done.

Am wondering if this being such a large chapter area...4 states... is realistic. Can't even get all the Montanans listed on the site interested, much less folks from the other states.

So.. Tim, montanaford... what ya think? Mayhaps we plan a day at the Fair? Wednesday...I think thats the day it's free entry at the gate. (?) I don't see much purpose in planning much else, at this time. Nobody seems to be even visiting the forum much..so it's tough to get anything going.

I guess next year we can try to generate more interest...and maybe even just have a Montana Chapter? I need some input from you guys. How do we get more interest and participation generated?

Old 08-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like having a big forum....

We all knew this was gonna be hard, but you are practically giving up.

Even a meet across the state is difficult...

...more later...I gotta go pick up my pictures

Old 08-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Originally Posted by Mattsbox99
I like having a big forum....

We all knew this was gonna be hard, but you are practically giving up.

Even a meet across the state is difficult...

...more later...I gotta go pick up my pictures
Did I say I was giving up? I'm asking for input. A meet of three people from the same town is hardly a representative meet for the whole of the Drifters.

If you think Im giving up, then perhaps its time to vote in another leader...one that can make a go of things? I've put all kinds of suggestions in the forum... I've made so many posts with so little return, that it seems like this is the Fordlover1951 forum rather than the Drifters forum. Gimme a break.

Old 08-12-2004, 01:08 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IF only i wasn't goin to be in edmonton getting my university thingy figured out all next week.

Old 08-12-2004, 01:16 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Old 08-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Nice picture. Where is it taken at?

Old 08-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Mystic Lake, thats where I was last weekend.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Check your email Matt.

And mustang70..don't worry about it... maybe next year we can organize something more people can plan for...and afford. I plan to start discussing a meet, or even seperate meets in each state as more participants to the Drifters are doing less drifting and spending more time home and on the net.

Old 08-12-2004, 10:05 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Mystic Lake, huh? looks like good mulie country, to me...

Michael

Old 08-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Its much better bighorn sheep, moutain goat, bear, and elk habitat.

I got your email, Dick. This is your forum, I won't tell you how to run it. You are doing an excellent job, I hope you continue to provide your services.

Old 08-12-2004, 11:59 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

My service and gung ho attitude have never been a matter of question to me. It's like any job I take on. If I cannot give my all, in the best way I know how, then I shouldn't be doing it at all. My apologies to you and anyone else if there is a misunderstanding, because of some of my recent posts.

I emailed Matt,because of some of his comments here, explaining the "method to my madness" in making some of the posts I have done lately. All I'm trying to do is get participation going. It's summer..people are "drifting"...out playing, enjoying the weather while they can. this fall and winter, I expect..and hope... the forum picks up.

Trying to organize anything, without face to face discussion that leads to results, is very hard, if not impossible. Without a formal meet, where we can discuss the wishes and desires of the Chapter...and make decisions... it will take months to get even the basics worked out. The basics.... a plan, secretary, treasurer, what activities (if any) do we want to do, etc? Or do we wish to exist mainly in this forum, with only occasional chance meetings of the others? That was the purpose of my posts. To get input...not to appear to be "freaking out".

Old 08-13-2004, 12:33 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Yeah i wouldn't mind a meet in the bozeman area because of all my high school buddies aill be attending university there for the next couple years, but if its planned in conjunction around a big car/truck event i wopuld for sure be there.

Old 08-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Bozeman, Billings.... both good centralized areas for a meet. We can seriously look at planning one for next year. All I need is time to save some money to afford the trip, a years planning to get away from the wife successfully for a whole week...or few days... or day...lol. Hmmm..both a long drive..get up real early in morning....hmmmm....ok, ok... I can probably be convinced to do something like that..and it may even interest more of the members from other states to attend.

Old 08-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Yepper...looks like that's it. I'm taking this week off anyway, as I have planned for. I have plenty to keep me busy around the condos, plus I plan on taking numerous breaks to go over to the fairgrounds and just relax and watch some of the judging and activities. I think Wednesday is "Free Admittance Day" so perhaps that evening, the three of us can meet at the Fair for an hour or two. Maybe Chicken, corn on the cob dinner at the Eagles. I'm one of their faithful chicken addicts and so is Linda.

If Wednesday evening (6 or 7-ishly?) works for you two, let me know.

Old 08-16-2004, 03:00 AM
MontanaFord
Elder User
dick...let me get your phone number again...most times (but not all) i hafta do things on the spur of the moment...plans many times just don't work out well for me...lol...i'll sure see what i can do about meeting up with you guys at the fair wednesday, though

Michael

Quick Reply: NW Montana Meet attendees only please