Sponsored by: DP Tuner

WOW!!! Holly She……

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 08:39 PM
newtruck
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!!! Holly She……

WOW!!! Holly She……it. I put a new program in my computer today. My SC Micro Tuner came today. A piece of cake to do. Hook it up, tell it a few things, few minutes to down load the old program out, tell it up load new program, few minutes your done. Increditable, amazing, over wellming……. what it did to the "get and go"! 80 hp makes a tremendious performance change. I must have left 50 of rubber in front of the house. I will tow my 12000 lb trailer in a few weeks. By then I will be able to play with the programs (2) and limiter and no limiter. When I put the pedal to the metal on the high end (3600-3800 rpm)I have 30+ psi of boost. Befor it was 18 psi. EGT only came up about 100 degrees running at 55-60 mph. Richard

My ride is a white 2000 F350 Super Duty, Lariat with TOL radio and CD, leather electric captian chairs. PSD, 4X4, off road and camper and trailer towing package, long bed with a cap, 4.1 rear gear, limited slip, automatic, SRW, fender and window flares, HD mud flaps, with added stainless steel 4" exhaust, turbo to 5" tip, with a "see thru" muffler and EGT, transmission temperature with turbo psi gauge. Super chips micro tuner. I tow a 12,000 pound 28.6 ft travel trailer

Old 05-31-2002, 11:27 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
WOW!!! Holly She……

:-)

Old 06-01-2002, 10:53 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
WOW!!! Holly She……

I knew i shoulda held out for a PSD Ecursion!

You sound like one happy camper!! Now don't go embarrassing too many of them duracraps. Well, okay...you can!

Old 06-10-2002, 09:22 AM
wavshrdr
New User
WOW!!! Holly She……

I just bought a PSD X '02 model about 10 days ago. I thought I really wanted to wait for the new 6.0 diesel in the '03 models but I needed a better tow vehicle now so I made a deal with the dealer for this truck and a new '03 when it becomes available. But...this past Friday the Microtuner arrived. Whoaaaa!!! What a difference.

Now I am not so sure I want the '03 until maybe there are a lot of goodies for it. I ran both the 60HP and 80HP modes. It feels like with the 60HP chip that it is faster towing my boat than the X was with the stock PSD. What a huge improvement in throttle response. What really impressed me was the improved feel of the tranny. No more sloppy shifts. There is no feel of "looseness" when you get on and off the throttle in overdrive.

No I have to seriously consider if it is better to tweak my '02 a little (shocks, sway bar, exhaust, filter) than to buy the new '03 with a motor that may take a while to be as well sorted out as the 7.3. I am in my truck at the right price so it won't kill me either way to keep it or sell it. My only complaint is I wish the mileage was more like the Dodge motors I had in the past. Why is it that Ford never seems to get the fuel mileage that their competitors do. For example, my Vette with more HP got better mileage than my Mustang. Or when I had a Jimmy, it got better mileage than my Explorer. The only freakin' Ford I have owned that got better mileage than its competitors was my Taurus SHO and we know who helped with that engine!

One last thing NOT chip related is the DVD system in the X is really quite good. I wouldn't have minded a bigger monitor but as it is, it doesn't block the rearview mirror. I plan on adding a second 7" monitor for the 3rd row seats though. It looks like a pretty easy install. Overall what a nice truck but I wish I could put the seats from a Denali in it or even from my MB or Audi. I seriously compared the X vs. a Denali XL and I am glad the X is in my garage now. No regrets other than the seats. As long as I don't go down cobblestone streets the X rides pretty close to the Denali but it definitely doesn't handle as crisply but you sure can't chip a Denali and get the HP increases you can out of the PSD. Now if they had the Duramax in the Denali it would have been a much tougher choice but then the X's price advantage would have been even more.

Old 06-10-2002, 05:06 PM
mnsther
New User
WOW!!! Holly She……