Sponsored by: DP Tuner

K&N filter charger?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 12:10 AM
hub2001
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K&N filter charger?

Anybody have the K&N filter charger? Is it worth the $250? Looks good and I know K&N doesn't make Sh-t.

Thanks.

Old 06-23-2002, 11:27 PM
LW555
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post K&N filter charger?

The Filtercharger is the replacement for the stock element, and it's only about $50 bucks. It would be a good choice. But for some reason, it won't fit the stock airbox in my 2002, so I got the AirCharger kit. It replaces the entire airbox and uses a big cone filter. It's supposed to be for off-road only, but it still allows for use of the stock air temp sensor and restriction gauge. It fits well, took only about 15 minutes to install.

First off, it won't give you better mileage and it won't give you any more power. But it sure does a better job at filtering, which is why I bought it. With the stock filter, there would be some really fine dust in the intake tube after spending a day in the desert. Not a lot, but enough that you could wipe your finger on the inside of the tube and feel it. With the K&N, the intake tube was still clean inside after lots of off-road sessions.

It also sounds really cool. I've heard that some people don't like the extra sound though. For me it was worth it, knowing that I was getting good filtering. The best price I found was at 4filters.com (through a link on the K&N website) and they only charge 5 bucks shipping.
Hope that info was somewhat helpful.

Old 06-24-2002, 04:37 AM
gseeders
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K&N filter charger?