Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Ohio Chapter Ideals

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 08:00 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Post Ohio Chapter Ideals

Okay guys, I want to hear what you would like see this chapter accomplish.
please post any and all ideals.

Thank You
Ray

Old 05-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, most important thing I would like to see is more involvement by the people of Ohio that uses FTE. If you look through the Galleries file you can find many people that claim Ohio as their state. However, if you browse through the Ohio chapter, the same small handfull of names keep coming up. Let's get ahold of these people and show them where we are. When I first started using this site a couple of years ago, the state/regional chapters were a pretty lonely place. Seems like things have picked up a bit the past couple of months, but I think the big things are just ahead. It sounds like Ken and Co. really have some good things planned and I think we should get involved as a group rather than an individual here and there. I strongly believe that once that happens everything else will just fall into place.

Old 05-03-2004, 09:39 AM
biggieou
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you want ideals or ideas? Just wonderin, I dont have any either way yet, but give me some time.

Old 05-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Stanstruck
Senior User
How about this: since most of us are within an hour or two, maybe we could us each other for, not only information, but for tools, equipment and most importantly, muscle and support. For example: If/ when I get to the point I need to pull my motor it would be great if we could pitch together and get it done in an afternoon over a few beers (or iced tea/pop) and some food. Sort of like when a family member moves and lots of other family members come over and help and it gets done sooner and easier. I know I have a very busy schedule (I'm working the concession stand tonight for my son's baseball team), but could find some free time every once in a while to help a fellow Ohio (or eastern Indiana, northen Kentucky) member.

How about finding a shop somewhere that would allow some of us to use their equipment for a nominal fee on a sunday?
As a group we are stronger and better than as individuals, don't you think??

just some thoughts...

Stan

Old 05-04-2004, 01:19 AM
j wright
Senior User
I like the idea of lending a hand (time and talent is an invaluable aid) when one of us needs it also I think this would be a great resource for finding parts and such. Also it would help me with my '40 if I could look at how things are put together (mine was apart when I got her) it would be hugh help. Just some initial thoughts maybe more will come to my pea brain later.......