Sponsored by:

Which brake rotors and pads to buy ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Rackpatrol
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which brake rotors and pads to buy ?

It is time to buy new rotors and brake pads. I only want to do this one time. So which ones and where should I get them. PLEASE HELP me to make a good choice. I Have a 2000 EXCURSION 4x4 with the 7.3 diesel. and I only need the fronts at this time.

Old 04-28-2004, 09:22 PM
valvestud
Senior User
I have ART (appliedrotortechnology.com) units on my 2001 Ex and they are much better then stock. I've got over 30K miles on 'em with no problems. If I was doing them now, I would go to performancefriction.com and get their two piece rotors. This is supposed to all but eliminate vibration that occurs at the rotor to hub mating. Also, their pads are what comes with the ART rotors.

Joe

Old 04-28-2004, 09:25 PM
rozett
Senior User
I have a 2000 V10 4x4. I installed ART brakes a year ago. Cost me $670 for all four corners including shipping CA to ME. With 17K miles on them, I recommend them highly. The are excellent performers... far better than OEM. ART

Old 04-28-2004, 10:39 PM
BBBxcursion
Senior User
Originally Posted by valvestud
I have ART (appliedrotortechnology.com) units on my 2001 Ex and they are much better then stock. I've got over 30K miles on 'em with no problems. If I was doing them now, I would go to performancefriction.com and get their two piece rotors. This is supposed to all but eliminate vibration that occurs at the rotor to hub mating. Also, their pads are what comes with the ART rotors.

Joe
I can't find those rotors you were talking about. Can you get a link or something??? Do you have any vibration problems with the ART stuff???

Old 04-29-2004, 03:59 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
www.appliedrotortechnology.com

Torquing the wheels IMproperly, IMEO, is a major cause of rotor warpage no matter the brand or treatment done to them.

I had ARTs and they warped, by (what I think) was the shop who repaired it after the wreck, improperly retorquing the replacement wheel.

Old 04-29-2004, 08:43 PM
valvestud
Senior User
I would just give PFC a call. Their website is poor, but they'll help you via phone. 800 521-8874.

I really haven't had any problems with the ART units, but I still get some vibration. I'm not sure if it's the brakes or another driveline component, because it doesn't feel like warped rotors.

Joe