Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 09:02 PM
sparke454
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel leak

hello fellas
i need some help!!!!!!!
i have a 1996 f 350 powerstroke with a bullydog 4 pos flip chip (usually run at 40 hp setting). when i start the truck up cold it will drip fuel from somewhere on the top half of the engine. i noticed it when i was parked with my nose of the truck higher than the bed. the spot where it came of the engine was right by the bellhousing.i have changed the fuel filter and made sure that it sealed good. not leaking there. lately i have benn having a problem with the truck staying running after i start it up and drive it for about 1/2 a mile. the truck will just want to die. with the fuel pedal to the floor it will only rev up to about 500. after the truck is warm i do not have this problem. before i get too deep into thinking that it is an injector or something else i want to try and fix the leak first.

Old 04-21-2004, 09:17 PM
fourstroke
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the back of the engine valley, on top, is a drain hole, that's why you're seeing fuel when you're nose up. Wipe down the valley and any areas that are wet with fuel, then start 'er up and watch for leaks. Obvious places are the filter housing, lift pump, banjo fitting on the back of the lift pump, and the fuel rail fittings at the other end of the lines.