Notices

Headrests - '02 Explorer

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Steina
CO River Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Headrests - '02 Explorer

I tried posting this in the Explorer forum but got no hits - does anyone out there know how to remove the 2nd row headrests on my '02 Explorer XLT with cloth seats? I've looked for a "magic button" or anything else but haven't been able to figure it out. Thanx for any help.

Old 05-14-2004, 12:46 AM
GucciSock
Freshman User
Maybe!

I've got an 02 explorer, but it's an eddie bauer with leather seats.

Still, I can't see them being much different.

Don't you have the little button on the side of one of the headrest posts that you slide in to let you move your headrest up and down?--when you let the button spring back out, it clicks a latch into one of those notches that are cut out on the headrest post--on mine it's the left post looking at it from behind.

Regardless, other than the latching mechanism that lets you adjust your headrest up and down, there shouldn't be any other latch. Just depress that latch (headrest adjustment switch) and slide the headrest all the way out.

Old 05-14-2004, 01:25 AM
Steina
CO River Rat

No, mine doesn't have the button/latch on any of the posts - I adjust the headrests by just pulling or pushing on them. I've seen what you're talking about on the 2004's, but no luck on mine.