Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Picking a group leader

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by billsco
Well, congratulations on the upcoming wedding! Best of luck to you and yours.
Thank you billsco. My hat was pretty much in the ring already. I just can't step up and declare myself king of the castle though. Parks911, I that sucks about the trail. I heard they just opened up an OHV park last year. I believe there was an announcement about it in here somewhere. I would love to take one of my rigs trailriding. I kinda got tired of breaking things in mud and having to clean muck out of areas that I did not even know were there. I would like to wheel and actually use my suspension to its fullest capabillities. I just came up with an idea for a get together. Everyone can come to my place and we can have an, "Extract My Bronco" party! You can look in my gallery and see what you would be up against. It may not look that bad from the passenger side. But the driver's side wheel is just about buried to the hub. Its been sitting there now for a couple of weeks. At least I don't have to worry about it being stolen!

Old 04-20-2004, 09:45 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It looks like you did get it stuck. To bad mine isn't put back together or I would come down and join ya.

As for shuting down trails, yeah it does suck. I'm not sure how reliable the souce is though. http://www.mnresponsiblerec.org/2ndlevelpages/ohvs.htm
I read it in that site linked above. The sad thing is that the trails up here were/are old logging trails that was left for the 4X4 trucks. The ATV's have taken them over & some of them are pretty bad.
I have seen trucks stuck worse then your Bronco in the center of the trail & there are some with grades that go pratically straight up to the point if your not careful your truck will roll (I know from experience). But that is what makes it worth while. I'm going to have to take the car out there here soon just see what is open & what isn't.
I did find a decent amount of mud last fall out on one of the trails I frequent. It looked pretty bad but I usually don't have re-enforcememnts with me so I chicken out from mud. Hell I don't want to walk the 20 miles home & some of the trail are exciting themselves.
If they keep it open this year I might have to get you up here on a Saturday or Sunday after I get my truck put back together & see what that F-150 of mine will do. But I will gaurentee that I won't go near that hill I rolled it on. The sad thing is that there are bigger, steeper hills out there that I trust & will play on. Legal or not I'm not sure but I have'nt been bothered about it in the past.

One thing I'm worried about with the Minnesota Chapter is the low amount of participation. Are the ones already mentioned and those 2 talking about cleaning plug wires. In fact I haven't seen coppock for awhile either.

How is it possible to get a gathering set up if nobody participates in the Chapter?

Oh, well I'm going to brain storm & try to figure out a way to see if more MN FTE members are interested. If I think of something good I will announce it in the user announcement forum. Maybe some of them don't know we are down here.

Old 04-20-2004, 10:14 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Hey guys, I didn't realize we had our own chapter Im from the Twin Cities BTW

Old 04-21-2004, 06:09 AM
billsco
Elder User
Welcome mistercmk,

I've seen you around the boards. Well, there's an effort from FTE to energize the local chapters it appears.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:12 AM
billsco
Elder User
Originally Posted by Boss_358
... I just can't step up and declare myself king of the castle though.
Such wisdom from a guy who isn't even married yet.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:55 PM
BigBadFord
New User
Hey all,
well I got my old handle back so if someone knows how to delete my 4rdtruckman handle please do so. As far as a leader goes, I would vote for either Parks911, or Boss_358. How would the chapter cover costs for an event? I don't mean going 'wheeling on someone's land but if we went to a car show or something of that nature, for example. I can gaurantee that one person wouldn't want to get stuck with a bill that he thought 5 (or more) would go in on because he was the only one who could show up. Don't take it like I do not trust you guys but I have had some experience with stuff that backfires on me. I think it is a really cool idea if we could get together and do some wheeling or wrenching. Oh yeah, that really bites about the atv'ers trying to take the trails from us, I think we should all be allowed to play on the trails, obviously some trails are only large enough for the atvs but how do they all get their atvs to the trailhead in the first place? I would have to guess a truck or an suv and if they live in MN it would likely be a 4x4. They need to give it up and let some of us that have a truck or suv but can't afford an atv at the moment be able to get out and do some wheelin'

Last edited by BigBadFord; 04-21-2004 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:41 AM
parks911
Cargo Master
back to the top.........

Derick, I'm sending you a email.

Old 04-27-2004, 07:21 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, just sayin hello. I check in once in a while.

Old 04-28-2004, 05:49 AM
billsco
Elder User
Hello, HP junkie.

Old 04-29-2004, 08:51 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Hey HP Junkie,
Where in Central Minnesota are you located?

Come on Minnesotans, we need to get this thing going. We don't want those other Chapters beating us to the punch now do we?

Old 04-29-2004, 10:54 PM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Well put it to a vote. I have no Interest in the position myself. It seems like everyone who’s interested has said somthin. Maybe would could get the people interested to say something? So we know how interested they are?

Last edited by screwy; 04-29-2004 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:08 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by screwy
Well put it to a vote. I have no Interest in the position myself. It seems like everyone who’s interested has said somthin. Maybe would could get the people interested to say something? So we know how interested they are?
I will have to agree with you now. Boss_358 should be back within the next couple day & I'm sure he will put it up to vote at that time. I don't want to step on any toes.

Below is a quote from the webmaster that was posted in the linked thread https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=235977

Originally Posted by webmaster
As part of the effort to get the Chapter process moving so I can introduce Chapter features....

1. Every Chapter that has already elected a leader needs to contact me with the leader's user id.
2. Chapters which have not yet elected a leader need to do so by May 15th. 3. Chapters with a leader need to setup their first offline meeting to take place before June 1st. See https://www.ford-trucks.com/chapters.php for details. The meeting schedule after that is entirely up to the chapter.

Chapters without a leader by June 1st will be closed until someone steps forward to handle it.

If you are in need of FTE logo artwork for your Chapter let me know and I'll email a high-resolution image file. Per the Chapter guidelines, Chapters may use the FTE logo and domains in unmodified form with prior approval from FTE for each project. If your Chapter has banners, cards, etc., planned or completed please send me an image of it for final approval.

So far the only ones I see with any interest is Derrick (Boss_358) & myself. I have sent Derrick a email suggesting that if it was OK with Ken that maybe him & I could team up & tackle this together. Two heads are better then one, so that I would say is another option to put on the pull unless Ken objects.

Derrick & I live in the same general area so meeting with him won't be a problem on planning group meetings. He & I are both real busy in the summer months so having 2 people planning will make meetings & gatherings more of a promise then just a thought. Unfortunaly my truck is still tore down but that shouldn't stop me any (except for mudding at this time).

Old 05-03-2004, 06:08 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Hey parks911,
I live in Sauk Rapids next to Cloud town. I have checked this thread out in the past and it was weeks between replys, so i check in every so often, now that i see more activity i'll stop in to chat more.

Old 05-03-2004, 10:14 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by HP junkie
Hey parks911,
I live in Sauk Rapids next to Cloud town. I have checked this thread out in the past and it was weeks between replys, so i check in every so often, now that i see more activity i'll stop in to chat more.

I know where your at. My brother lived off Benton drive in Sauk Rapids for years until he moved to Bowlus a few years ago.

I work down in Little Falls for the mean time. Been trying to get picked up by Bauerly Brother there in Sauk Rapids but they are a hard bunch to get into when you live where I am.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:34 AM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Thats a bit of a drive for ya. I don't know if i could go that far for work. I would probably fall asleep at the wheel. I'm not what you call a morning person, I'm more the night owl type. So when our Chapter votes on a leader we should be up and running? It sounds that way anyhow. Then we setup meetings and gathers between thw users right? That would be great to gather a bunch of us motorheads together to showoff and talk trash. Keep me posted.

Quick Reply: Picking a group leader