Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buzzing in Driveline..?

Old 04-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Buzzing in Driveline..?

I have a weird buzzing noise from my driveline when I drive. It's a droning noise...and I have no idea where it is coming from. I just really notice it myself when I'm going between two close buildings. Does anybody have any idea on what it may be caused by.

I never noticed this problem before I put the truck into a hole next to a street and had it balanced on a walk way right in the center. When my friend pulled me out, It made a bad grinding noise at some point which didn't make me too happy..and I think that that may have been when my problem with the buzzing started.

I almost thought it was my exhausthaving got bumped and now rattling..but the buzz isn't apparent (really) when I just gas it a bit at idle.

Old 04-10-2004, 08:28 PM
LoosMaster
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look over the exhaust real good for impact and possible contact to the frame. If it was on the center of the truck, you might want to look at the driveshaft for impact damage. If there is some, remove it and roll it on a smooth surface and see if it got bent.

Old 04-10-2004, 08:31 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It was a ditch beside a city street...it was snowy and my truck just slid down into it. It was resting on the frame comfortably(Edit: There was a small walkway that divided the ditch that it was resting on..forgot to include that.), and didn't get ****ed till it got pulled OVER the front wheels where I think the part I was balanced on bumped the engine or maybe the crossmember.

I'll have to get down there and look sometime. It's not really that terrible, just an annoyance. I was thinking it seemed to be exhaust related...

Last edited by Saurian; 04-10-2004 at 08:36 PM.

Search this Thread